It's hilarious how much Willy Wonka didn't give a f***k about those annoying-ass kids

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
giphy.gif

:dahell: nikka wouldn't have been talking to my grandson crazy like that tho.
Charlie's uncle didn't give a shyt. His layabout ass jumped up and danced once the golden ticket entered the picture.

Looking back, the hell does an 80 year old man want to do at a candy factory?

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV

Willy Wonka is a symbol of Satan in which he “is in charge of this entire world of his”. (Religious Analysis of Willy Wonka). Wonka lives in seclusion from the entire world in a giant, magical, mostly underground factory; “…but down here, underneath the ground, I’ve got all the space I want” (Dahl 62). He controls the actions of his workers as well as anything and everything that transpires in his world. Satan is said to have taken “on a virtual omnipresence and omnificence. He is always available, always eager to mislead and entice every single person to commit sin” (Kelley 300). Through his ability to know all as well as control all, he is the ruler of his underground sanctuary; “He is the person responsible for the downfall of the human race” (Kelley 212). To better put it, Wonka relates to Satan through his control of the factory and his ability, just like Satan, to “tempt us in any way he wants” (Kelley 301).

The Oompa-Loompas, too, fell for Wonka’s temptation which forced them to forever live and work for Wonka almost as if they signed their soul to the Devil. Wonka, like Satan, played off their pain, needs, wants and suffering. He offers them their greatest desire and asks for their company in return. In fact, he reveals this to the children by stating, “And so, my dear children, as soon as I discovered that the Oompa-Loompas were crazy for this particular food… I said ‘Look here, if you and all your people will come back to my country and live in my factory, you can have all the cacao beans you want…You can gorge yourself silly on them!”(Dahl 70). The Oompa-Loompas become the symbol of demons.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
In the version first published, [the Oompa-Loompas were] a tribe of 3,000 amiable black pygmies who have been imported by Mr. Willy Wonka from ‘the very deepest and darkest part of the African jungle where no white man had been before.’ Mr. Wonka keeps them in the factory, where they have replaced the sacked white workers. Wonka’s little slaves are delighted with their new circumstances, and particularly with their diet of chocolate. Before they lived on green caterpillars, beetles, eucalyptus leaves, ‘and the bark of the bong-bong tree.'

:francis:
Well ghatdam!

parallax

Superstar
Daps

Willy Wonka is a symbol of Satan in which he “is in charge of this entire world of his”. (Religious Analysis of Willy Wonka). Wonka lives in seclusion from the entire world in a giant, magical, mostly underground factory; “…but down here, underneath the ground, I’ve got all the space I want” (Dahl 62). He controls the actions of his workers as well as anything and everything that transpires in his world. Satan is said to have taken “on a virtual omnipresence and omnificence. He is always available, always eager to mislead and entice every single person to commit sin” (Kelley 300). Through his ability to know all as well as control all, he is the ruler of his underground sanctuary; “He is the person responsible for the downfall of the human race” (Kelley 212). To better put it, Wonka relates to Satan through his control of the factory and his ability, just like Satan, to “tempt us in any way he wants” (Kelley 301).

The Oompa-Loompas, too, fell for Wonka’s temptation which forced them to forever live and work for Wonka almost as if they signed their soul to the Devil. Wonka, like Satan, played off their pain, needs, wants and suffering. He offers them their greatest desire and asks for their company in return. In fact, he reveals this to the children by stating, “And so, my dear children, as soon as I discovered that the Oompa-Loompas were crazy for this particular food… I said ‘Look here, if you and all your people will come back to my country and live in my factory, you can have all the cacao beans you want…You can gorge yourself silly on them!”(Dahl 70). The Oompa-Loompas become the symbol of demons.

while i can agree with quite a bit of these opinions, these two bolded seem off the mark a bit. all of the kids come into the factory as a deadly sin, and they arent all candy consumers either. they were damned one way or another whether or not they ran into wonka. going to the factory was just their own personal paths to hell. they all jumped into their own demise literally. and even though wonka didnt give a damn that they got hoisted by their own petards, none of them could overcome their own sins and thats how they ended up in the position theyre in. to portray wonka as some sort of omniscient being removes the agency of both the kids and parents to do the right thing

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Charlie's uncle didn't give a shyt. His layabout ass jumped up and danced once the golden ticket entered the picture.

Looking back, the hell does an 80 year old man want to do at a candy factory?
Wonka was completely in his right to deny Charlie his prize, they broke the rules. It was bum ass Grandpa Joe who convinced Charlie to steal fizzy lifting drink too. He's the real villain.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
In the book "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" by Roald Dahl, Willy Wonka is depicted as a complex and enigmatic character, and his motivations and emotions are not always clear. However, it can be argued that he did care about the children who visited his factory, albeit in his own unique way.

On the surface, Willy Wonka may appear to be indifferent to the children's well-being, as he allows them to engage in risky or potentially dangerous activities, such as riding the Great Glass Elevator or sampling experimental candies. However, it's important to note that Wonka often provides guidance or warnings to the children before they embark on these adventures, and he also uses these experiences as teaching moments to impart important life lessons.

For example, when Augustus Gloop falls into the chocolate river, Wonka tells him, "The waterfall is most important. Mixes the chocolate. Churns it up! Makes it light and frothy. By the time it gets to the other end, it's...it's...well, it's the finest chocolate in the world!" In this way, Wonka emphasizes the importance of process and quality, and shows the children that there is more to candy-making than just the end result.

Furthermore, at the end of the story, when Charlie is the last child remaining, Wonka reveals that he had been searching for a worthy successor to take over his factory. By giving Charlie the keys to the factory, Wonka demonstrates that he cares about the future of the candy-making industry and wants to pass on his knowledge and expertise to the next generation.

Overall, while Willy Wonka may not show his concern for the children in a conventional way, it can be argued that he does care about their well-being and wants to impart important life lessons to them through his unique and unconventional methods.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
In the book "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" by Roald Dahl, Willy Wonka is depicted as a complex and enigmatic character, and his motivations and emotions are not always clear. However, it can be argued that he did care about the children who visited his factory, albeit in his own unique way.

On the surface, Willy Wonka may appear to be indifferent to the children's well-being, as he allows them to engage in risky or potentially dangerous activities, such as riding the Great Glass Elevator or sampling experimental candies. However, it's important to note that Wonka often provides guidance or warnings to the children before they embark on these adventures, and he also uses these experiences as teaching moments to impart important life lessons.

For example, when Augustus Gloop falls into the chocolate river, Wonka tells him, "The waterfall is most important. Mixes the chocolate. Churns it up! Makes it light and frothy. By the time it gets to the other end, it's...it's...well, it's the finest chocolate in the world!" In this way, Wonka emphasizes the importance of process and quality, and shows the children that there is more to candy-making than just the end result.

Furthermore, at the end of the story, when Charlie is the last child remaining, Wonka reveals that he had been searching for a worthy successor to take over his factory. By giving Charlie the keys to the factory, Wonka demonstrates that he cares about the future of the candy-making industry and wants to pass on his knowledge and expertise to the next generation.

Overall, while Willy Wonka may not show his concern for the children in a conventional way, it can be argued that he does care about their well-being and wants to impart important life lessons to them through his unique and unconventional methods.

fukk all dat.

free da Oomps :wow: