ITS HERE! Cosmos with Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson: A Space Time Odyssey Series

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
Its the fact that this is the first time, that *I* know of in my own lifetime, that legit science show is being broadcast at primetime on public television :wow: a lot of people can finally be reached and introduced to thought provoking science at a basic level of comprehension. Some kid out there might have just been trying to catch Family Guy and found themselves reeled in :ohhh: not to mention the black excellence being put on display :ohlawd: just seeing NDT on a show like Cosmos is likely to make a a lot of our black youth more interested in the STEM fields.

:dwillhuh:

:leostare:

:patrice:

pbs.com
you are welcome friend:youngsabo:

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
Not sure about the other channels, but FOX racked about 5.79 million viewer. In contrast, the #1 show for that time slot, with 13.3 million viewers was premiere of a new tv show called... wait for it... Resurrection :dead:

The promo does make it look interesting though :ehh: some American kid 'resurrects' in a rice paddy in China 30+ years after his own death :deadmanny:
:damn:
so much work to do brehs
1cbXT8u.png

It was a huge day man. I was so excited for this show and it delivered in every way possible. Neil Tyson is an inspiration to the people and I'm proud he represents us. Plus look at this picture from when he was younger

neil-young-1.jpg

That's swag right there. Him growing up in the Bronx, like I did, and accomplishing what he has is incredible. A true role model right there.

swag on a million (it was cool to be a smedium tightmaster back then:lupe:...woah the pendulum swings back)

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
I watch nova sciencenow and all that shyt. I guess I should say the first time on a MAJOR public channel. Let's be honest, fukkers ain't really checking for PBS like that except for the Downton Abbey shyt.

seek and ye shall find friend
they gotta go where the action is

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Dawg all I'm saying is that cats in here are acting like haven't heard this same shyt a million times about cosmic radiation, Copernicus, Galileo etc...

It's literally the same story we've already heard a million times repackaged into a primetime slot...

But I won't front that piece shytting on religion was :wow: :mjlol:

Especially on a conservative network such as fox....

Breh I think for any space junkie the subjects he speaks of is stating the obvious. It still does not take away the excitement of seeing the presentation. At my job today that is all we could talk about. From postulating whether similar Oort clouds exist in star systems to theorizing about the multiverse, this show just brings the discussion to a wider audience.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The presentation was top level. I watch through the wormhole and The Universe all the time, and outside one bad looking CGI creature, that was the best looking presentation of space ever seen. Better looking than Tree of Life, IMO. And the concepts were broken down expertly. If you ever watch The Universe, sometimes, if you're not a physics or astronomy major, you might be out of luck. This was very accessible I thought.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm mad at myself for missing this. :sadcam:

Watching it now on YouTube. Will definitely be watching next week.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Dawg all I'm saying is that cats in here are acting like haven't heard this same shyt a million times about cosmic radiation, Copernicus, Galileo etc...

It's literally the same story we've already heard a million times repackaged into a primetime slot...

But I won't front that piece shytting on religion was :wow: :mjlol:

Especially on a conservative network such as fox....
1. Fox News =/= Fox Entertainment. Look at the wiki. Fox is actually a HUGE company with many facets.

2. This is for the smart dumb nikkas who failed intro bio/physics/chemistry. Of course its not new to us, but its great to see NDT getting his shine in doing so.