It's crazy how Women's Tennis is 100x better than the WNBA

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think the standard of women's tennis is all that high. They always have 15 year old players who come onto the scene and go deep in the tournament at grand slams. That would almost never happen in the men's tournament, there's no way a 15 year old boy could compete with grown men unless he was a once in a lifetime talent and went on to become the GOAT of the sport
It's that women don't go through the muscle and strength changes like men do.

Last edited:

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don't think the standard of women's tennis is all that high. They always have 15 year old players who come onto the scene and go deep in the tournament at grand slams. That would almost never happen in the men's tournament, there's no way a 15 year old boy could compete with grown men unless he was a once in a lifetime talent and went on to become the GOAT of the sport
Parity in womens tennis is far more equal lol. Post prime Serena any can win

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You must not have been watching for since a while back. They were just commenting about how young teenagers are no longer reaching the same heights as before and how older women are generally controlling the upper rankings now. The trend you described is no longer accurate

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basketball is a more athletic sport.
yeah, I think that is a big part of the basketball fan appeal. People like to see freak of nature athletic plays from guys like Jordan, Zach Lavine, etc.
Basketball requires a lot more speed and agility so the difference in play between men and women is a lot more noticeable than less athletic sports like tennis, mma, soccer, etc.

Daps
Been watching more wnba at the gym during cardio. It’s actually pretty good watch, once you give it a chance you realize how talented these women are. Most womens sports are like that tho. Soccer, tennis, basketball all very enjoyable.

Hilariously there are tons of unwatchable Nba basketball teams and games every year