It's crazy how white people forgot all about Bush when they mention Obama

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
Obama was not the worst president, thats foolish but I wouldnt say he is the best. The problem alot of us (ima assume most of the people in this thread are black) wanted a specific black agenda and for that Obama never delivered.

My only issues with Obama were, he never prosecuted executives who benefited from predatory and illegal banking activities.

He was just as hawkish on war and bombings as every other cac president

Made the US a bigger survillence state than Bush did.

Daps
Obama was not the worst president, thats foolish but I wouldnt say he is the best. The problem alot of us (ima assume most of the people in this thread are black) wanted a specific black agenda and for that Obama never delivered.

My only issues with Obama were, he never prosecuted executives who benefited from predatory and illegal banking activities.

He was just as hawkish on war and bombings as every other cac president

Made the US a bigger survillence state than Bush did.

So you wanted him to talk the talk but would be fine if he can't deliver? Is that what your saying? Because, please tell me what specific black agenda would he of been able to get passed in congress?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Dudes are really in here mad because Obama wasn't Superman :francis:

Most of Obama's missteps are because he couldn't literally do everything. :francis:

Just because he failed to meet the hype that people had for him doesn't mean he did nothing. Many of his accomplishments dealt with undoing stupid decisions made by Bush & Friends during W's tenure. :francis:

Obama was essentially elected to to remodel a filthy kitchen. So much of his time was spent cleaning up previous messes--not to mention Rethugs actively walking in during the clean-up and shytting on the floor--that the remodel started but never completed.

Dudes were expecting this:

obama_alex_ross.jpg

And got this:

7-5-17-GAD2.jpg

nikkaz always wanting the nikka to go above and beyond and do shyt that cac presidents would laugh at. We always are held to a high ridiculous standard when in the same position as cacs. Obama had his share of fukkups but no one is perfect. He'd been impeached after 3 months if he was doing the shyt Trump is doing. I don't take ANYONE serious when it comes to Obama bashing. Especially ungrateful ass nikkaz.

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
Obama was one of the worst presidents for nikkas ever so take that bullshyt elsewhere.

Are you being serious or exaggerating? You know there are presidents who owned slaves, raped slaves, featured white supremacy propaganda movies, pumped crack into black neighborhoods, and a whole bunch of other stuff right?

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
And some of you nikkas fall for the okie doke every time they say Obama didn't do enough or that he was one of the worst presidents.

How can a black man that saved the economy, fixed the unemployment rate, bailed out wall street, deported more illegal immigrants than any sitting president, saved the auto industry, turn black unemployment around, made positive changes to the criminal justice system, gave more Americans health care and put laws and regulations in place to save the environment ever be considered the worst?
I'll even go as far and say Obama was the best president we ever had. And if you disagree please tell me who then...

There's a good population of the country that believes Trump has done more or better for black people and all people than Obama.. how sway??? Less people have health coverage across the country, the environment has grown worse and last month was the hottest recorded month ever in the history of Earth, everything positive Obama has done is now reversed, shootings and terrorist attacks have gone up, racism has taken over all of our politics and policies.

Obama didn't brag on Twitter like an immature teenager every time he got something accomplished and only took credit for things he actually did. Obama wasn't busy tweeting and throwing insults around, he was getting shyt done. There were no investigations or scandals in Obama, a black man, entire 8 years in the white house. But yet a lot of you c00ns have been compromised and lead astray by a bunch of Russian bots about the real history of this country the last few decades.
Say no more...repped.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
I still don’t understand what the fukk black people want Obama to do for them? They wanted him to be like Trump but Trump has white privilege on his side. Had Obama done anything like what Trump is doing, he’d be out in handcuffs with even the help of his own party at that too.
So which is it?

Obama couldn’t do shyt for Black folks because he didn’t have white privilege

Or.

Obama did so much for Black people, but we are all just too dumb and militant to appreciate it?

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
So you wanted him to talk the talk but would be fine if he can't deliver? Is that what your saying? Because, please tell me what specific black agenda would he of been able to get passed in congress?

I never said I specifically expected that, I was speaking as black people collectively

I stated what my specific issues were, I didnt list that

Relax

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
What didn't he enough of for black people? Or for you personally?

I mean, besides save the economy which would've effected everyone had he not did so :jbhmm:
Part 1

A couple of things.

-Nobody SAVES the economy. The economy is structural on its own. The same way Trump doesn’t deserve any credit for the economy improving right now ( even though it’s a very flawed recovery) is the same way Obama doesn’t deserve credit for fixing the economy. You bring up the Wall Street bail out but that wasn’t necessary since J.P. Morgan and Wells Fargo at the time was still fine. If anything J.P. Morgan would’ve consolidated some of those firms and the rest would’ve been absorbed by private equity firms ( the Blackstone Group, Blackrock group, etc). That’s also the same with the Auto Industry. Ford Motors was fine and was under no threat of closing down. Again, we saw what happened when left alone (Fiat acquiring Chrysler) so that auto bailout wasn’t needed.

Again, nobody saves the economy. The economy is changing on its own.

Part 2 ( What could he have done to help black people more)

- The answer : Plenty more.

1) As president of the USA and leader of the executive branch president Obama had control of the Department Of Defense, Department of Education, Department of Housing, Department of Veterans affairs, Secretary Of Energy, Secretary of Labor, Etc. Why didn’t Obama allocate some of those resources to black businesses? For example, Donald Trump is currently using Pentagon funds to develop the boarder wall and is using contractors that have donated to his campaign (Catepillar inc) to build it. Andrew Cuomo ( our governor of NY) currently is uses architectural firms that donate to his campaign (A Luxury Box at Citi Field, an M.T.A. Contract and $188,000 for Cuomo). Why couldn’t President Obama do the same thing for Baltimore or Chicago? Hell, he could’ve put in a quota that any Private company that does business with the department of defense has to recruit or build in urban areas? These defense contractors already do that with congressman ( See former speaker John Boehner), why couldn’t Obama do the same thing? Mitch McConnell does it, Bill Clinton lobbied for Arkansas when he was president why didn’t Obama look out for Memphis, Detroit, Baltimore, etc?

* Sidenote: This is why I’m very frustrated with Elijah Cummings since the CBC has some clout with elected democrats and nothing is being done.

* Sidenote #2: Even now with the Obama Foundation being built by the University Of Chicago he has a white president running it? He couldn’t find a qualified ADOS person in Chicago ( FREAKING CHICAGO) to run it?

2) President Obama had an excellent relationship with the Tech Industry (Obama Brought Silicon Valley to Washington), he was a fund raising powerhouse (In Obama campaign, tech industry donors could be outspending their Hollywood counterparts) and has access to all of the big four tech companies (Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Google) and Titans in the Private Equity Industry “Sequoia” and “Andreassen Horowitz”, yet he didn’t leverage those relationships to give any Venture Capital to black cities? Peter Bugigeg the democratic candidate is seen as a rockstar with Silicon Valley donors ( Like Barack) and he's leveraged his connections to bring in Tech companies to Indiana (
How Pete Buttigieg became the new toast of Silicon Valley’s wealthiest donors ( fukkING INDIANA), yet Obama didn’t ask Zuckerberg to create data centers In Baltimore, he didn’t ask these companies to set-up Entrepreneurship & innovation shops in our cities. He just shook hands and passed bills for them. Like seriously?!

He had so much leverage and that’s fukked up a black person didn’t put any effort especially with Tech and Finance ( the two main future pillars in our economy) for his “own” people ( especially in his second term). But he had no problem asking the Tech Industry to help with Syria.

That’s so wrong.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Obama was "Change" but only in a superficial way.

He campaigned as a Progressive but was a weak moderate while in office.
The deal with Iran and passing the ACA were probably his greatest accomplishments in office.

Obama was great for the status quo, bailed out banks but couldn't get a large enough stimulus for the people.

The bankers who destroyed the economy were given bailouts and weren't prosecuted.

Obama's Administration failed to prosecute the criminals of the Bush administration and now many of them are working for Trump.

His administration made official alot of the shytty domestic spying policies of the Bush administration including indefinite detentions.

Failed to protect Unions. He promised to sign a bill for card check which would make it easier for workers to join unions. He didn't. That probably also harmed Hillary Clinton in those Rustbelt states.

PRESIDENT OBAMA SIGNS INDEFINITE DETENTION BILL INTO LAW
President Obama Signs Indefinite Detention Bill Into Law

The ACA was the typical Obama half measure that left wingers and right wingers are unsatisfied with. Basically a give away to the private health insurance industry with no provisions limiting the ability of these insurance companies to raise premiums.

Gig economy president.

Obama economy: Rich get richer, as millionaires' list grows (meanwhile black wealth decreased)
Obama economy: Rich get richer, as millionaires’ list grows

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman

A long vid but worth the watch. Skipped to the parts about Obama.

Before that Thomas Frank makes a great point about the "Professional Class".

Last edited: