Its crazy how fast Lake Mead is losing water - A Slow Disaster Unfolding

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Summary:

Food prices about to take off worse than gas prices around the country and around the world. They're going to cut how much water goes out to each state, including those that have farms which depend on the water. Those water cuts coming in August will likely affect agriculture and food will get more expensive.

Nice one - bad decision after bad decision regarding the environment and the few hundred people making those decisions so they can take a profit. Protect people damaging the environment and we all got to pay extra.

Mind you, Lake Mead is the largest water reservoir in the United States and it's now at 27% capacity.

Someone dropped some insight:
I saw an interesting documentary on this a while back. The rules over who has water rights in the area is hopelessly outdated and people are using water on high demand crops just so they don't have their water allowance reduced. So use it and waste it rather that allow others to get what they need.

Companies are allowed to freely dig wells for water which is draining the watertable and household wells are running dry.

Completely unsustainable.

Last edited:

Gwoppo

All Star
Daps
We on a collision course for sure. Scary how most don't know what's going on. And that no amount of planning can prepare us for the inevitable.
What’s the inevitable and what’s going on???

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
the Great Lakes have gotten allot of shine in this thread and rightfully so but i'd like to give a shoutout to the Finger Lakes as well. granted, they are dwarfed by the smallest of the Great Lakes but they are still a nice collection of fresh water.

and so far as this "My state won't be affected because..." talk is :duck:
you don't think those thirsty ass states won't send their National Guard to secure water for their people? you wanna know what could really pop off a civil war in the U.S.? mother fukking thirst.

i could see Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas banding together their National Guards and rolling up on Indiana and posting up hard body on the Southern tip of Lake Michigan like :birdman:

brother @Rhakim already broke down why a water pipeline to the West is all but impossible but i'd like to add to that. do yall know how cold it is going over the Rockies? i don't think the water could be pumped fast enough without freezing first.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Just pump in more water or something. Let some scientists make sure it's the right acidity, salinity, etc.
:why:
you ain’t never lied. it does feel like that when I watch videos like these.

where did we go wrong :mjcry:?
Harambe.
You gonna see a huge migration of West Coast liberals into the interior & suddenly states like Missouri or Kansas turn blue :lupe:
fingers crossed.
Live in the desert brehs...

I don't see how the Earth survives a 100 more years ..
Earth will be just fine.
humans...?
As someone looking into buying his first home , i always hear how Buffalo , NY wont be impacted by climate change as much as the rest of the country.

that Lake effect snow is not a joke and the wind in the winter is brutal.