It's crazy how 30+ years in, Nintendo is still widely and by far the best development House in the w

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nintendo makes really polished games. Mario Odyssey just feels so good to play compared to most platformers.

What helps Nintendo is that they aren't trying to maximize profits all the time.

They are the WOAT with their online service though.
This is totally wrong. All Nintendo does is try to maximize profit. That’s why they got overpriced hardware and keep making the same damn games over and over again.

And there are plenty of platformers that “feel” as good or better than a Mario game.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
:mjlol:

Not really, unless you love pokemon I guess.
Pokémon is probably their worst 1st party exclusive in terms of quality so far in the switch’s lifespan.

Mainline Mario & Zelda are still really good. Fire Emblem and Xeno fill the rpg itch for their fans. Kirby and yoshi are piss easy co-op games, but that appeals to its audience. Metroid Dread hopefully is the start of the rebirth of Metroid which has been dead. Splatoon and smash are both pretty good as far as their multiplayer games. (Online aspect really holds them back tho. )

Pokemon has so much potential but so far hasn’t delivered yet. It doesn’t have to be BOTW quality. At least Three House quality.

Would be nice to see Earthbound, Star Fox and F-Zero to make a comeback.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is totally wrong. All Nintendo does is try to maximize profit. That’s why they got overpriced hardware and keep making the same damn games over and over again.

And there are plenty of platformers that “feel” as good or better than a Mario game.

Agree, Nintendo is actually very profit driven and it’s reflected in almost all their products

Its why they aren’t in a rush to put out another console, they’re the only ones who see profits from their consoles almost immediately which is why they are so far behind in tech

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I came in thinking OP's post was going to be thought provoking, turn around I lowkey got shytted on along with the rest of the folks in here:picard:. Nintendo got GOAT development but WOAT customer practices. I mean what's the point of having games on the Nintendo Online library front when a year later they can shut that down and fukk my feelings:francis:
this does bring up a good point
I do wince a little when I look at the Wiiu
really could've spent that money elsewhere since every game and virtual console game I bought off that device cannot be transferred to the switch :mjcry:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i just bought another joy-con to replace my left drifting one and the new one is already slightly drifting.

While the other consoles are veering more and more into becoming computers Nintendo products continue feel like cheap toys you have to be gentle with.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:francis: All staining for arguably the worse hardware and online support.

:picard:When you realize that you are playing a handicapped of a Zelda game that actually got 4K support, mods, and fukking 60fps on a PC. I sold my Switch a while back during hard times and the moment I got some cash, I noped out of the ordeal. Just took the L and realize that I am wasting money on a system that will end up getting fully emulated by 2023:francis:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
:picard:When you realize that you are playing a handicapped of a Zelda game that actually got 4K support, mods, and fukking 60fps on a PC. I sold my Switch a while back during hard times and the moment I got some cash, I noped out of the ordeal. Just took the L and realize that I am wasting money on a system that will end up getting fully emulated by 2023:francis:

Im bout to cop me a Alienware and play them shyts how they should be played:lolbron: