It's been 22 years and no action scene has surpassed the bank robbery from HEAT :wow:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I made this thread 7 years ago. So make that 29 years now.. still the GOAT action sequence and many of the sequences people are discussing in here were inspired by 'Heat' and not done nearly as well.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
The action is the juice.

The cops really made awful decisions in trying to catch them in the act in a place with a million bystanders. They already suspect them of being behind the triple murder and robbery in the beginning.

The first 2 cops ‘hide’ behind the U-Haul truck, where some guy is sitting in the driver’s seat, minding his own business. Chris easily sees the cops and fires and most likely wastes the poor guy, as you see the front windows get all shot up.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I was about to watch the scene, but Ive never seen the movie. I think I'd rather just watch the movie and not ruin it.

I recommend to watch the movie, but I don’t think it’s ruining anything to watch that scene. It’s very early on. Old guy goes with his family to the cemetery and then a couple minutes later the movie flashes back to that D-Day battle scene.

There’s also another great battle scene at the end of the movie.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The action is the juice.

The cops really made awful decisions in trying to catch them in the act in a place with a million bystanders. They already suspect them of being behind the triple murder and robbery in the beginning.

The first 2 cops ‘hide’ behind the U-Haul truck, where some guy is sitting in the driver’s seat, minding his own business. Chris easily sees the cops and fires and most likely wastes the poor guy, as you see the front windows get all shot up.

Mann's realism is mostly unmatched and they were trying to take them in the act, as a last resort, they really didn't have much evidence of any crimes committed. the risk level to the public was extremely high, to catch bank robbers, but they were using fully automatic weapons and takeover style robberies. Something similar happens in Point Break

but yeah, this isn't exactly normal police procedure- lol- There's a scene in Miami Vice (2006) when they move to takedown the drug trafficking network, by essentially running a sting operation, where the police will be executing the gunmen using snipers, which is uhh questionable legally

Last edited:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The action is the juice.

Cops taking all them shots with civilians around takes me out of the scene. You got old ladies and children in the crossfire and they don't give a damn :mjlol:

shonuff

All Star
Daps
for actuall realistic gun fighting tactics in a gunfight AND the sound effects ....the OP is right on point nothing beats HEAT.

guys tossing up John Wick and The Raid- those are good action movies and yeah the gun play and fighting is all exciting but thats becuase that shyt is scripted and "fantastic" none of it is shyt that would actually be going down in a REAL gun fight

the gun fire exhange and attack reaction and sounds in HEAT were as realistic as anything ...noone has come close to THAT except maybe The Town ....in the big confrontation at the Stadium Robbery.....

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
for actuall realistic gun fighting tactics in a gunfight AND the sound effects ....the OP is right on point nothing beats HEAT.

guys tossing up John Wick and The Raid- those are good action movies and yeah the gun play and fighting is all exciting but thats becuase that shyt is scripted and "fantastic" none of it is shyt that would actually be going down in a REAL gun fight

the gun fire exhange and attack reaction and sounds in HEAT were as realistic as anything ...noone has come close to THAT except maybe The Town ....in the big confrontation at the Stadium Robbery.....

'The Town' was another movie that was heavily influenced by 'Heat.' That's why some of these suggestions are funny to me because they all admit to trying to be 'Heat'

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Of course everyone tries to think of a better scene.

For me it's the highway scene in the Matrix.

I usually start from "You'll handle us?" at the staircase.
That's the chateau fight that transitions into the freeway chase. To me that's the greatest sequence of back to back set pieces in movies.