It’s A Splash Bros Reunion! Are You Kuminga To The Poole Party? Warriors 2022 Season Thread

Robbo

All Star
Daps
I would like to see him get minutes against legit bigs and see how he avoids vetting pushed around like everybody else does (except looney sometimes). If he could just stop a Jokic or Ayton from getting to their spot.. make it harder for them to be efficient, it makes the defense so much better. Right now there are just too many easy buckets from big guys that prevent this team from building leads

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
And more to the point, just because he has Jokic's former coach isn't going to change who he is (let alone make him understand the game like Jokic). It's like all those guys who learnt off Hakeem, yet very few ended up being effective in the post. I remember all too fondly Dwight learning from Hakeem, and that never translated to anything meaningful on the floor.
What? Dwight was one of the best centers in the league when he was in Orlando.. Went to the finals with them.. You talking crazy now

Daps
Dwight wasn’t effective in the post when he was in Orlando during his mvp caliber season in 2010?
You went and searched for when exactly Hakeem taught Dwight, didn’t you?

:lolbron:

Dwight led the Magic to the Finals as a dominant player before any association with Hakeem. There was no difference between his post effectiveness before and after, largely because he doesn’t have the flexibility, poise and footwork to expand on what he already had. It made no difference. It didn’t translate into him being a better post player.

That’s the entire point here.

Just because Wiseman is learning off Jokic’s coach doesn’t mean it’s going to result in anything. A coach can’t change how a player is hardwired.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
You went and searched for when exactly Hakeem taught Dwight, didn’t you?

:lolbron:

Dwight led the Magic to the Finals as a dominant player before any association with Hakeem. There was no difference between his post effectiveness before and after, largely because he doesn’t have the flexibility, poise and footwork to expand on what he already had. It made no difference. It didn’t translate into him being a better post player.

That’s the entire point here.

Just because Wiseman is learning off Jokic’s coach doesn’t mean it’s going to result in anything. A coach can’t change how a player is hardwired.
I didn’t search that bro I remember it vividly because that year he knocked bron out of the playoffs and went to the finals against Kobe :mjlol: it was actually 08/09