It’s A Splash Bros Reunion! Are You Kuminga To The Poole Party? Warriors 2022 Season Thread

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
If Dubs had second pick in 21 instead of 20, y'all would be title favs with Mobley instead of Wiseman

:francis:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Why you didn’t post his first g league game back? Come on bro at least post both games instead of the second game for a critique

I only want to see rebounds, blocks, screens and rim runs from him. He has to learn the basics, seems like he's out there trying to do too much

Daps
This is why you give him reps to get his timing, overall comparing how he looked his first season and right now? I think he improved a bit.. I still say they bring him up from the Gleague and he will come off the bench for Loon
:dwillhuh:

What has he improved at? How could you possibly tell from a couple minutes of highlights? I think this is more you hoping that he’s improved than him actually doing so.

He’s clearly not ready for any meaningful minutes in the playoffs. There’s still rocks in his head, and I don’t think that’ll change anytime soon.

Daps
Why you didn’t post his first g league game back? Come on bro at least post both games instead of the second game for a critique
What is that suppose to prove exactly? The highlights are the same. He’s scoring buckets in the same manner in both games. Never mind the fact the video you posted only shows his highlights, and not his overall gameplay. You’re looking at this with your rose-coloured glasses on.

:manny:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

What has he improved at? How could you possibly tell from a couple minutes of highlights? I think this is more you hoping that he’s improved than him actually doing so.

He’s clearly not ready for any meaningful minutes in the playoffs. There’s still rocks in his head, and I don’t think that’ll change anytime soon.
I didn’t just watch the highlights I watched the game reply.. He improved his touch around the rim.. a lot better than last time and he getting good position to get rebounds.. I ain’t saying his ready made to be a #1 but he’s good enough to contribute decent minutes..

Daps
I only want to see rebounds, blocks, screens and rim runs from him. He has to learn the basics, seems like he's out there trying to do too much
To be honest, those are merely superficial things, and it’s less about rebounds and blocks themselves, and more about the processes around them. Boxing out and playing to his size on the glass (rather than the rebound, itself), which he is horrible at because he has no instinct for the ball nor knows how to utilise his body properly. Not biting on pump fakes, showing secondary effort, staying vertical, and again, playing to his size (rather than blocks, themselves), all things which he is horrible at because he has no sense and what it seems desire to be effective on that end of the floor.

He’s essentially the polar opposite of Looney. He’s got the size and athleticism, but quite literally nothing else. It’s why Looney can still be effective despite lacking in size on most matchups and can’t jump over a telephone book, because he understands what to do and where to be on both ends of the floor. Wiseman is simply not capable of that and it remains to be seen if he ever will, because it’s not something you can ever really change; it’s hardwired before you even come into the league and not a skill like shooting or dribbling which can be changed and improved.

We see this with Wiggins: the passiveness, the inability to make the right play, and the lack of desire to be great. Those were all things that were identified and attributed to his play prior to him coming into league, and has been his story ever since. Wiseman will be no different, and most certainly not in the timeframe he needs to be.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
What is that suppose to prove exactly? The highlights are the same. He’s scoring buckets in the same manner in both games. Never mind the fact the video you posted only shows his highlights, and not his overall gameplay. You’re looking at this with your rose-coloured glasses on.

:manny:
I’m not actually… so you telling me with him having Jokic former coach and ain’t making no improvement at all? shyt he’s catching the ball a lot better and not fumbling it like he used to lmaoo

Daps
I’m not actually… so you telling me with him having Jokic former coach and ain’t making no improvement at all? shyt he’s catching the ball a lot better and not fumbling it like he used to lmaoo
I saw him fumbling the ball in that clip posted above; I saw him throw up a shot with absolutely no touch; I saw him put up a jumpshot that hit the top of the backboard. And again, there’s a difference between what you think he’s showing in an environment like the G-League and the NBA. Whatever improvement you think you see is surface level, and not improvement that leads him to being an effective player.

He hasn’t changed.

There’s a reason he’s in the G-League right now (and will be there for however long it’ll take) and not playing with the main guys, especially when they’re in desperate need of a big man.

Robbo

All Star
Daps

He looked like he was setting better screens.. not like the one in the highlight where he got called for the charge. He seemed to be sticking his screens better.. more patience.

I still need to see him rebound in traffic better. And I need to see how he contributes in the flow of the offense. They were throwing it down to him in the post a lot, and that was an issue last year. Seemed like he always felt the need to get a shot off. I did see some instances where he passed out of the post well and didn't force it.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
He looked like he was setting better screens.. not like the one in the highlight where he got called for the charge. He seemed to be sticking his screens better.. more patience.

I still need to see him rebound in traffic better. And I need to see how he contributes in the flow of the offense. They were throwing it down to him in the post a lot, and that was an issue last year. Seemed like he always felt the need to get a shot off. I did see some instances where he passed out of the post well and didn't force it.
Exactly just those little things

Daps
And more to the point, just because he has Jokic's former coach isn't going to change who he is (let alone make him understand the game like Jokic). It's like all those guys who learnt off Hakeem, yet very few ended up being effective in the post. I remember all too fondly Dwight learning from Hakeem, and that never translated to anything meaningful on the floor.