It’s A Splash Bros Reunion! Are You Kuminga To The Poole Party? Warriors 2022 Season Thread

Daps
Let me preface this post by saying: Steph needs to shoot better; there's no two ways about it.

Even with Steph's prolonged shooting slump, his TS% is still 59%, which to put into perspective, KD who's perceived as having an ultra-efficient season, has a 62 TS%. Over the course of this season, there's been minimal difference between their scoring efficiency and volume. His shooting has been terribly inconsistent by his own standards, but not necessarily bad by league-wide standards. It's important to know the difference there. It's important to understand that he's defended more heavily than any other player. It's important to understand that just because he isn't playing to the level that we've been accustomed to means he's playing badly, or that he's not having the impact as other stars (who receive less defensive attention). I'm not saying anything that nobody doesn't already know here.

But it's important to understand all that when judging him in the context of v. the league.

His [inconsistent] shooting isn't the problem. That will only become a problem if defenses no longer defend him like they do and/or he's not shooting enough to drive the offense. He still has unparalleled offensive impact, regardless, if he makes his shots or not; he creates more easy scoring opportunities than anyone else.

The problem with the offense is, nobody is consistently capitalizing on those opportunities, and nobody (besides Steph) is consistently creating offense for themselves and/or the team. This is where someone like Wiggins should rise to the occasion and take it upon himself to be that guy, but time and time again, he proves without Steph opening up the floor for him, he's incapable of producing offense (he had yet another game where he went scoreless without Steph on the floor). This is made worse by the fact he still struggles to play to the principles of the offense.

He doesn't understand the concept of setting a chess-screen to set up the move before the move; he doesn't understand to play off Steph relocating; he doesn't understand to move the ball in anticipation to find the open man; he doesn't understand that the ball must not stick in his hands; he doesn't understand when he needs to be aggressive; he doesn't understand that on every possession his movements need to be with purpose; he doesn't understand to consistently make the right read.

This is why he needs to be traded for someone who at the very least understands these concepts of the offense (someone who actually fills a need in the frontcourt and provides size, which is a necessity for this team to take the next step). Everything he provides on both ends of the floor is not only directly replaceable, but his style of play is a hindrance. It's made worse by the cap that he takes up, where he ends up devolving into a role player who's on 1/10000000000th of his salary.

He's essentially the worst of both worlds. He has the equivalent impact of Silkk the Shocker; folks fall for the novelty of his play rather than acknowledging how off-beat he is.

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
We're going to go through some struggles as we work to fit Klay back in and figure out rotations.

Wiggs with 10 then 13 bothers me though. It really makes me wonder if he's actually going to be able to be a 3rd/4th option.

I don't see the FO making any changes but @Gil Scott-Heroin , at this point in the season, who do you see that may be available and make a difference?

Still 6 BTW.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Let me preface this post by saying: Steph needs to shoot better; there's no two ways about it.

Even with Steph's prolonged shooting slump, his TS% is still 59%, which to put into perspective, KD who's perceived as having an ultra-efficient season, has a 62 TS%. Over the course of this season, there's been minimal difference between their scoring efficiency and volume. His shooting has been terribly inconsistent by his own standards, but not necessarily bad by league-wide standards. It's important to know the difference there. It's important to understand that he's defended more heavily than any other player. It's important to understand that just because he isn't playing to the level that we've been accustomed to means he's playing badly, or that he's not having the impact as other stars (who receive less defensive attention). I'm not saying anything that nobody doesn't already know here.

But it's important to understand all that when judging him in the context of v. the league.

His [inconsistent] shooting isn't the problem. That will only become a problem if defenses no longer defend him like they do and/or he's not shooting enough to drive the offense. He still has unparalleled offensive impact, regardless, if he makes his shots or not; he creates more easy scoring opportunities than anyone else.

The problem with the offense is, nobody is consistently capitalizing on those opportunities, and nobody (besides Steph) is consistently creating offense for themselves and/or the team. This is where someone like Wiggins should rise to the occasion and take it upon himself to be that guy, but time and time again, he proves without Steph opening up the floor for him, he's incapable of producing offense (he had yet another game where he went scoreless without Steph on the floor). This is made worse by the fact he still struggles to play to the principles of the offense.

He doesn't understand the concept of setting a chess-screen to set up the move before the move; he doesn't understand to play off Steph relocating; he doesn't understand to move the ball in anticipation to find the open man; he doesn't understand that the ball must not stick in his hands; he doesn't understand when he needs to be aggressive; he doesn't understand that on every possession his movements need to be with purpose; he doesn't understand to consistently make the right read.

This is why he needs to be traded for someone who at the very least understands these concepts of the offense (someone who actually fills a need in the frontcourt and provides size, which is a necessity for this team to take the next step). Everything he provides on both ends of the floor is not only directly replaceable, but his style of play is a hindrance. It's made worse by the cap that he takes up, where he ends up devolving into a role player who's on 1/10000000000th of his salary.

He's essentially the worst of both worlds. He has the equivalent impact of Silkk the Shocker; folks fall for the novelty of his play rather than acknowledging how off-beat he is.

i wish cats can see this but nikkas got agendas so they will ignore the obvious

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I get that, but at some point he’s gonna have to be better. And he had defensive mistakes throughout the game. U do realize he’s about matched his bad games with good games at this point?

I hear u tho. It’s just getting crazy now. Meanwhile Ja morant is making it look easy damn near every possession. And he’s smaller than Steph. At some point we gotta stop getting Ho’d by the grizzlies. They beat us 3/4 times in the last 4 meetings.
Ja ain’t defended like Steph is, of course Ja will have free space to the rim.. let him get box and one or double and triple teamed and we will see if he still makes it look easy

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Ja ain’t defended like Steph is, of course Ja will have free space to the rim.. let him get box and one or double and triple teamed and we will see if he still makes it look easy
Ja gets defended tough, but they give him some ticky tack fouls. But he’s crafty as hell too tho. He attacks the rim like a center and makes tough finishes. Steph wasn’t getting smothered by the grizzlies defense either. He just missed good looks. Ja been killing us. Wiggins and GP2 can’t really slow him down. It’s crazy. We can’t even box and 1 him either bc they have shooting threats.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Ja gets defended tough, but they give him some ticky tack fouls. But he’s crafty as hell too tho. He attacks the rim like a center and makes tough finishes. Steph wasn’t getting smothered by the grizzlies defense either. He just missed good looks. Ja been killing us. Wiggins and GP2 can’t really slow him down. It’s crazy. We can’t even box and 1 him either bc they have shooting threats.
Ja does that lou Williams/Maxey drive to the basketball falling away bullshyt that the refs get fooled into calling..

We can box and one him they shooting threats ain’t all world like that.. Also GP2 put the clamps on Ja last night it’s part of the reason we cam back

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Steph is shooting 38 percent the last 18 games. That doesn’t have shyt to do with Wiggins. Steph shooting a bullshyt pull up 3 down 5 with 44 seconds that left to a transition bucket is on Steph. Steph ignoring Klay in the 3rd when he’s calling for the ball to do a Curly Neal impression is on him.

I won’t take my foot off your neck @Gil Scott-Heroin

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Steph is shooting 38 percent the last 18 games. That doesn’t have shyt to do with Wiggins. Steph shooting a bullshyt pull up 3 down 5 with 44 seconds that left to a transition bucket is on Steph. Steph ignoring Klay in the 3rd when he’s calling for the ball to do a Curly Neal impression is on him.

I won’t take my foot off your neck @Gil Scott-Heroin
Klay hardly played the 3rd quarter

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Klay hardly played the 3rd quarter

There was an instance where Steph was isolating in the second half I believe it was the early 3rd where Klay was calling for the ball on the right wing. Steph ignored him to throw up a bullshyt 3 attempt off a iso for no reason.

Daps
We're going to go through some struggles as we work to fit Klay back in and figure out rotations.

Wiggs with 10 then 13 bothers me though. It really makes me wonder if he's actually going to be able to be a 3rd/4th option.

I don't see the FO making any changes but @Gil Scott-Heroin , at this point in the season, who do you see that may be available and make a difference?

Still 6 BTW.
No trades will be done. The front office is willing to die on this hill. All I hope is that by some miracle of the Basketball Gods somehow I end up being wrong and this team finds a way, any way, to win it all. I don’t wanna be sitting here typing the words “I told y’all so”. It’s one of those rare occasions I don’t wanna be right.

:mjcry:

That’s my last post in here for a while. See y’all next time.

:mjgrin: