It’s A Splash Bros Reunion! Are You Kuminga To The Poole Party? Warriors 2022 Season Thread

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
all achilles injuries aint the same tho , and whos to say they wont go do the deal later down the line after they see if and will Klay be able to hold up. But as of right now like i the team clearly isnt gonna do anything regarding the young players.

We are still talking about two and half years of missed game time. If they lose and not win the championship this season, there are going to rumblings in the offseason about them mortgaging those assets for a win now player while Curry is still in his prime.

That's how it works when you have a championship window that's open with a GOAT player at the helm.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We are still talking about two and half years of missed game time. If they lose and not win the championship this season, there are going to rumblings in the offseason about them mortgaging those assets for a win now player while Curry is still in his prime.

That's how it works when you have a championship window that's open with a GOAT player at the helm.

i think your're assuming too much, i see them keeping these players to have a smooth transition after the core retires. i cant see them trading everybody, it would set them back 3-5 years. lacob only cares about keeping a full house, that wont happen without any players worth a damn. they quietly rebuilt the bench this past offseason and everybody forgets how bad that bench was last year. they have a plan and we dont know what it is. i can see them trading moody but not wiseman, poole, and kuminga.

i also believe they dont really wanna put their eggs in the klay basket until he shows hes totally recovered

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
If we could find a way to get Turner and still keep only Kuminga, I might be interested
Wiseman, Moody and a 1st should be a no-brainer:yeshrug:

I'm afraid the FO will get cute though and want to prove that Wiseman was the right pick.

But Turner is currently (almost) everything you HOPE Wiseman can be in two years

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps

I'm afraid the FO will get cute though and want to prove that Wiseman was the right pick.

But Turner is currently (almost) everything you HOPE Wiseman can be in two years
I’d be ok with that….(maybe throw in Duarte, too…)

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
It's absolutely amazing what some people can convince themselves of :pachaha:

Unreal levels of hopium.

The million (like HUNDRED million) dollar question is...

Why the fukk haven't they done that ALREADY if it's that simple:dahell:

He's young and still has upside, but he doesn't fit the timeline. Turner does, so if Indiana is up for it, make the damn trade.

You would think they would get it at this point. Everybody remembers when you win a ring. Nobody remembers when you "make a smart move" if you get bounced in the second round.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is nothing laughable or overvalued about Kumingas talent/ceiling and the jury is still out on Wiseman because we have barely seen him on the court.
Unless you believe he is a capable of being superstar on a championship team he shouldn’t be off limits. You have a legit chance at a title now & the next year. You do all you can to win

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
i think your're assuming too much, i see them keeping these players to have a smooth transition after the core retires. i cant see them trading everybody, it would set them back 3-5 years. lacob only cares about keeping a full house, that wont happen without any players worth a damn. they quietly rebuilt the bench this past offseason and everybody forgets how bad that bench was last year. they have a plan and we dont know what it is. i can see them trading moody but not wiseman, poole, and kuminga.

i also believe they dont really wanna put their eggs in the klay basket until he shows hes totally recovered

There's no assuming on my part as Klay has literally missed two and a half years of game time :mjlol:

As good as that team is currently, they are a true #2 option away from being a true championship contender and winning it all. Middleton in Milwaukee literally showed you the blueprint when he was a bucket getter for Milwaukee when it mattered the most and Giannis was out or struggling.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The million (like HUNDRED million) dollar question is...

Why the fukk haven't they done that ALREADY if it's that simple:dahell:

He's young and still has upside, but he doesn't fit the timeline. Turner does, so if Indiana is up for it, make the damn trade.

You would think they would get it at this point. Everybody remembers when you win a ring. Nobody remembers when you "make a smart move" if you get bounced in the second round.
Like refusing to ship THT for Lowry :mjcry:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It's absolutely amazing what some people can convince themselves of :pachaha:

Unreal levels of hopium.

If Myles Turner is the blueprint of what people think that Wiseman can be, then GS fans are going to be sorely disappointed :laff:

It would literally be Indy swapping out one player for the exact same player. Myles Turner just isn't that good of a player and don't let his block numbers fool you.

El Coupeacabra

Diamond Teeth Samurai
Daps
Reppin
214/254/512/210/281
I’d be ok with that….(maybe throw in Duarte, too…)
Idk what the salaries look like:manny:

But if they couldn't get Myles Turner- level production with the #2 pick they sure as hell won't get it from the 20-whatever-th pick

And the silly part is, they've shown time and time again they can get quality vets on cheap contracts and Kerr can motivate them. So I'm not sure why they're hell bent on keeping late picks instead of using them to acquire starter level talent. :jbhmm:

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
I guess I'll be the odd man out here

:sas1:

If all Wiseman turns into is Turner

:why:

I understand the win now need, it's there. Like I said before, anyone outside the core plus a few others could go, but it would have to be an amazing trade and I can't pick that player...

We just got a group that is meshing extremely well together AND we're adding Klay back and (provided he's still here...) JWise...

:whoo:

https://v.redd.it/exjw1ocyw6481

:patrice:

'...ain't a track meet, it's a marathon...'

I'm rocking with the FO whatever they choose...

:hubie:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

Turner avg 12.5ppg on 10.5 rebs… He defends and he can shoot the 3… those numbers at the C position for GS is instant chip