It’s A Splash Bros Reunion! Are You Kuminga To The Poole Party? Warriors 2022 Season Thread

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
@Gil Scott-Heroin

Re Chriss:

He can have minutes at the 4 or 5, can pass, good around the basket. Relatively familiar with the system...can play with the starters or the bench. I liked what he did here.

Wiseman is going to have to develop this season (again, I think he's going to be fine) and having someone with experience other than Loon is a good look.

Who are you thinking?

Daps
@Gil Scott-Heroin

Re Chriss:

He can have minutes at the 4 or 5, can pass, good around the basket. Relatively familiar with the system...can play with the starters or the bench. I liked what he did here.

Wiseman is going to have to develop this season (again, I think he's going to be fine) and having someone with experience other than Loon is a good look.

Who are you thinking?
I just think if folks want Chriss, who has proven he's worthy of being in the main rotation, it doesn't leave much for Wiseman. This team is always going to fall back on small-ball lineups down the stretch and ultimately in the playoffs. All the bigs (Wiseman, Looney and Chriss) will be fighting for minutes at the 5 when the Warriors have a traditional lineup, which is going to be even less often than last season.

It's just funny to me that poster (who obviously has blocked me), was one of Wiseman's most vocal supporters, wants to add another big, who's going to limit Wiseman's role/minutes even more.

:manny:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just think if folks want Chriss, who has proven he's worthy of being in the main rotation, it doesn't leave much for Wiseman. This team is always going to fall back on small-ball lineups down the stretch and ultimately in the playoffs. All the bigs (Wiseman, Looney and Chriss) will be fighting for minutes at the 5 when the Warriors have a traditional lineup, which is going to be even less often than last season.

It's just funny to me that poster (who obviously has blocked me), was one of Wiseman's most vocal supporters, wants to add another big, who's going to limit Wiseman's role/minutes even more.

I wound say it’s for looney, you can’t depend on him

Robbo

All Star
Daps

Idk about other fans.. but being a Warrior fan since the 80s, my fear is about fading to irrelevance for a decade plus. And I know you probably think that this could happen if we don't load up for another run now, but I think they'll be relevant as long as Curry is still performing. They have to plan for the future as well, and so Wiseman may benefit from taking a step back. If he proves he's worthy of the playing time, then that's even better.

Daps
There's absolutely no point in adding Chriss, or any other big man, if you want Wiseman to develop. It's just another fold to the dilemma of winning now or building for the future.

Robbo

All Star
Daps
There's absolutely no point in adding Chriss, or any other big man, if you want Wiseman to develop. It's just another fold to the dilemma of winning now or building for the future.

I just don't see it that way. I see it as, you have 3 really young building blocks and a 4th youngster that showed promise (poole). You have enough to be competitive, with the other 8 or 9 guys that are veterans. The young guys still have to compete to find a place and they'll get some Minutes.

But when I think of having a winning team, it's not necessarily the 2015-2019 years of being the favorite. It's being in the mix, with a shot of making some noise.

Although @Gil Scott-Heroin , I am curious as to what you think they should do with that open spot.

Daps
Idk about other fans.. but being a Warrior fan since the 80s, my fear is about fading to irrelevance for a decade plus. And I know you probably think that this could happen if we don't load up for another run now, but I think they'll be relevant as long as Curry is still performing. They have to plan for the future as well, and so Wiseman may benefit from taking a step back. If he proves he's worthy of the playing time, then that's even better.
I get that.

And not to keep harping on about this, but you can't do both. You're either all in on winning and contending today, or you scorch the ground and start over. Adding all these pieces: Otto, Bjelica, Iggy, and now folks want Chriss, they're all win-now additions. That leaves Wiseman out in the cold, and any hope of what folks want him to be will be set back another season.
It’s called protecting yourself in case of injuries
But you do realize that Chriss will take minutes away from Wiseman, right?
I just don't see it that way. I see it as, you have 3 really young building blocks and a 4th youngster that showed promise (poole). You have enough to be competitive, with the other 8 or 9 guys that are veterans. The young guys still have to compete to find a place and they'll get some Minutes.

But when I think of having a winning team, it's not necessarily the 2015-2019 years of being the favorite. It's being in the mix, with a shot of making some noise..
I don't think that's good enough. I don't need to tell you that this franchise will never ever, ever get someone like Steph, again. Why not make the most of the time he has left at the top by putting the appropriate pieces around him to win? Once it's over, and he's done as a superstar, then you can rebuild. Players like Kuminga, Moody, Wiseman etc will always be there.

You cant have the best of both worlds. It's why I've said many a time, someone like Bron comes through and ships all the young/developing talent out for players that can maximize his chances of winning now.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Daps
Although @Gil Scott-Heroin , I am curious as to what you think they should do with that open spot.
Ben Simmons is still in play.

And I'd imagine, well, I know, it's going to take more than just one player to bring him to this team. Wiggins and Wiseman + whatever future picks it takes should be what they put on the table, and then hopefully, they can get back some other pieces, particularly if there's a third team involved. Apart from that, Hield is someone that should be of interest.

Daps
I think the smart thing would be to do now is just to make Draymond the full-time 5 (whenever they need to, they can put one of the other bigs there), and build up Kuminga and Moody from day one. If either of them are going to help this team win this season, they need to get as many minutes as they can handle. They're both interchangeable pieces where they can play different positions, so the team isn't going to be handcuffed to only playing them in one spot.

I don't think there's any point in fukking around in having them in the G-League or glued to the bench. Throw them out there and let them learn from their mistakes and hope they can put it together in time for the playoffs.

Last edited:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But you do realize that Chriss will take minutes away from Wiseman, right?

and?

So u wanna go into the season with only 2 centers? One is coming off a knee injury and the other has the hips of a 60 year old. There’s no help coming from the g league, you’re absolutely crazy to back yourself in a corner like that. People forget dray has been getting dinged up the past couple of years as well.

Daps
and?

So u wanna go into the season with only 2 centers? One is coming off a knee injury and the other has the hips of a 60 year old. There’s no help coming from the g league, you’re absolutely crazy to back yourself in a corner like that. People forget dray has been getting dinged up the past couple of years as well.
Draymond is/should be the 5 now.

The other players can take up whatever minutes when he's on the bench. Bjelica can moonlight at the 5 too - he's played there for the last couple of seasons.