"It's a fine superhero movie... but it's not a great movie." - Ethan Hawke

Sir Charles Barkley

The Chuckster
Daps
Reppin
TNT & Turner Family
there's only a couple like The Dark Knight that are truly great films. :manny:

is it really though? :manny:

no matter how hard it tries to be taken seriously as a drama... at its heart isn't it still a silly genre film?:manny:

few years back i was visiting my pops and my stepmom... we were browsing the on demand... i was like wanna watch dark knight?

my pops was like :what:"batman?"

and in that moment i realized there was no amount of 'gritty realism'... or 'nolanism'... that was ever going to convince those two to watch a batman movie. and i can't even blame them... they're adults. :yeshrug:

i'm not ashamed to be a fan of nerd shyt, but we have to embrace the fact that it's nerd shyt :yeshrug:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Of course I knew who the professor and Logan was but that bald fvck Logan was hiding I had no idea what he was even about :dead:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
How about Ethan shuts the hell up and let us enjoy ourselves. People liked the movie, get the fukk over it.

He mad because nobody is checking for pretentious cac movies. He's lucky he was in Training Day with the goat.
You do realize thats just one movie that came halfway through a 30+ year career?

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
What about the arthouse/indie films that get praised for being "real" and "deep"?

Aren't some of these smaller movies lifted from novels? :sas1:

Are they all getting praised and Oscar noms because of their greatness alone? :sas1:

Or do some get praised for what they are not, i.e., superhero films. :sas2:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
The thing is most superhero actors do have "thespian" chops so I don't think it's a diss to the acting or directing in these flicks. The way I read it, I feel like he's really getting at the writing in these films moreso than the acting or directing.

I think even superhero actors just look at these movies for the bag. If you look at what they do between sequels, you can tell what kind of projects they'd rather be doing. Example, Evans decided to go on Broadway knowing that his run would take place during the press tour of Infinity War.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
He's right.

Marvel movies aren't anything that changes how we think but they're approaching it.

Plus Logan was not THAT great. It was the 2nd best super hero movie fox has put out Deadpool being first

blankstairz

Superstar
Daps
He's right.

Marvel movies aren't anything that changes how we think but they're approaching it.

Plus Logan was not THAT great. It was the 2nd best super hero movie fox has put out Deadpool being first

:coachbowles:

Deadpool 1 is not better than Logan.

Let's not even talk about X2 and First Class.

Some think Deadpool 2 is better than 1.