Italian Food is the woat food

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
every "hit" dish from international cuisine has been heavily Americanized and/or basic when served here which gives it its popularity. pasta is actually supposed to be a small portion as part of a multi-course meal. it's only in america where we made it the main event.

you need to judge a cuisine by experiencing the authentic cooking and foods from various regions. just like we got different cooking styles in the US, so does every other country. i hardly ever have pasta when at an italian restaurant given the wide variety of food available, especially a tuscan restaurant where it's all about grilling :ohlawd:

Smh fukk all that. Im tired of a select few cuisines and items getting passes to be lackluster and overrated. :camby:

Italian is overrated. no im not going to tuscany to eat squid ink pasta. if thats the case, dont say italian is good, say your obscure diner in naples with fresh squid ink is good, not the food style. And ima catch some negs for this, but this same thing goes for pizza. Specifically NY pizza since nikkas wanna brag.:camby:

Mexican is also in the same boat as italian. And no i dont fukking like traditional mexican food either :camby:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
:mjlol:

Of Maron!!
Mamamia!!

tenor.gif

Maybe outside of the tri-state but here AUTHENTIC Italian food is god-tier.

I feel like we've discussed this ad nauseum.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Purely false. I will agree that it's difficult to find a place that won't just hammer you over the head with the basics/staples, though. But trying to find something in that vein of good that isn't accompanied by pasta is like trying to find asian good that isn't accompanied by rice, noodles, or tofu. It's just what their region is about.