It truly hurts me when people don't beat they kids

Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I haven't hit my oldest daughter, when she act up in school or at home i just take all the fun stuff out her room for a week. She get treated like she in prison, only time she leave the room is to eat and use the bathroom.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
As long as your explaining they "why's" of a whooping, it's not a problem

But you have to make sure the kid gets it, other wise they'll just build resentment and it'll come back to haunt you

Some parents wanna lay hands on their child just because they hate life and it makes them feel powerful cause they're weak individuals who don't know how to be leaders. Others are incredibly beta and let their child run the household.

Focused discipline, it's not rocket science, just takes effort and actual care for the child
this:shaq:

TBD

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
TLDR on the first posts, but if I ever have kids, I'm never gonna raise my hand to them or let their mother do so.

What worked for me as a kid wasn't the beatings, it was my mother showing geniune concern in what I was doing, and her words and non-physical punishment like restricting me from doing things.
My mother always talked about my future even when I was 13-14 years old always hanging it over my head like an axe, and I grew up conscious that one day it would be too late to straighten my act.

Beatings just made me resent my mother for a while after they happened, they made me think she was cruel and warped my perception of her for at least a couple days. Also, beatings don't have the results that people claim they do, I mean almost all black parents beat their kids, and they all don't turn out to be model citizens.

Concerned, stern, and firm, not violent, friends.
Couldn't agree more.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Your wife shoulda slapped the hell outta you, or vice versa :leon: Your little girl didnt learn that word on her own, she got it from ya'll irresponsible asses

what for? there's a new kid at the day care thats been cursing actually. I dont even use the term "muthafukka" in real life.

Prez2032

Pro
Daps
Like OP said that's the only way a child will learn. Good things come with rewards, bad things come with punishments. I'll never forget as a kid I was clowning in church, covering my ears at all the songs. Dad came out the pulpit, beat the fuk out of me in front of the whole congregation and went to preaching about it afterwards while everybody was jumping, praising God and saying amen.

Daddy: "If my son doesn't praise Him, the rocks will cry out and Praise Him

Church: AMEN!!!!!

Me: :noah::sadbron:

Sansprix

Around the way girl.
Daps
Reppin
[ First Lady of TBM ]
Like OP said that's the only way a child will learn. Good things come with rewards, bad things come with punishments. I'll never forget as a kid I was clowning in church, covering my ears at all the songs. Dad came out the pulpit, beat the fuk out of me in front of the whole congregation and went to preaching about it afterwards while everybody was jumping, praising God and saying amen.

Daddy: "If my son doesn't praise Him, the rocks will cry out and Praise Him

Church: AMEN!!!!!

Me: :noah::sadbron:

:ooh::pachaha::russ:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
i pop my daughter on the legs. she cuts up with her mother. she know not to play the shyt with me.

i took her to see Avengers last Friday for the 3rd time. and this lil Mexican girl was running up and down the aisles. Lil Bit couldnt have been any older than 3. she runs in front of the movie screen and my daughter lets out a sigh and says, "Oh my Gawd".

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You still have to actually raise your child, plenty of dudes in jail got good beatings too