It looks like a digital only future is on the horizon

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m OK with it. Got the disc PS5 and don’t even use the disc drive.

The benefits of digital >>>.

Not trying to get up and change the disc every time I wanna switch games like it’s 1993 and not 2023.

Yeah, the platform holders are pretty much pushing us toward it with quick resume and activity cards. People just want to quickly jump from game to game.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Like NFT’s :jbhmm:
I worded that wrong. With NFTs you essentially own all rights to the whateverthefukk that you purchased. In this case I'm talking about the license that you purchase to the game. Even with physical copies you didn't outright OWN the game. You essentially owned a copy and the license was inherent. But you couldn't just do whatever you wanted with the content of the game. But you could essentially sell the personal license that you owned. I feel it should still be the way.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I’m OK with it. Got the disc PS5 and don’t even use the disc drive.

The benefits of digital >>>.

Not trying to get up and change the disc every time I wanna switch games like it’s 1993 and not 2023.
years ago people here called me "lazy" because I said I don't want to get up and change a disc :mjlol:

technology is all about making things easier and more convenient. dudes don't know what it was to have to get up to change the channel... with a pair of pliers :flabbynsick:

the pain of calling someone with a rotary dial phone, and they got a bunch of zero's in their phone number :wow:

:old: