It just dawned on me that steve austin and dusty rhodes got over for the same reason

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I feel you on that but I'm personally TIRED of the babyface going against authority figures like Vince, Stephanie, Triple H, Dixie, etc. We've been having this in some shape or form for nearly 20 years.
Yeah, but flair wasn't an authority figure, he was just a flashy baller who flaunted himself in front of the blue collar Crockett fans. That's why I mentioned Miz and ROODE.

Working guy vs rich guy could or could not be authority figure

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Yeah, but flair wasn't an authority figure, he was just a flashy baller who flaunted himself in front of the blue collar Crockett fans. That's why I mentioned Miz and ROODE.

Working guy vs rich guy could or could not be authority figure
Yeah I realized that as soon as I finished posting LOL. I'm all for it as long as no authority figures LOL!

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Agree with that list. And you got to give Vince credit for allowing himself to be embarrassed and look like a fool on a weekly basis back in the day.

That is something that Stephanie, unfortunately, doesn't allow herself to do anymore because she's busy trying to play a strong, dominant woman in a company full of men.

:ohhh: That's what it is, she is making herself look tough to show that women aren't pushovers:ohhh: Its a damn shame I would have never looked at it that way had I not read your post.. Meaning wwe has the right idea but due to her being authority figure and not performer she looks like the typical evil boss..

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Sami Zayn is the 2017 version of that for better or worse because in today's world, the working class factory worker has been replaced by the psuedo-hipster part-time Uber driver/part-time Starbucks barista who works during the week to have money on the weekend to attend all their "rock shows".

Sami is basically that, frat boy who is still partying well past his expiration date, looks like a cab driver, being held down by the system (Steph) while trying to improve his position in the wrestling world.

I don't see it getting over quite as hot as Austin did tho

full

Sami zayn is garbage

• Haha
Reactions: 907

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Stone Cold Steve Austin was a goddamn terrorist.

Entertaining? Yes. One to root for? Sure. But he was a goddamn terrorist.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Came here to post the same thing. Sami isn't pulling it off nearly as well as the others because he doesn't really have an edge. He's too much of a cookie cutter babyface right now.

Its that he's too harmless and friendly. He comes out in that grandpa cap, pumping his fist and clicking his heels together, ain't nobody gonna be intimidated by that. Austin had a legit sense of "Oh shyt, I fukked up!" when he'd look at you. Dusty looked like an average guy (worse even) but would run up on all the horsemen if tested and challenge the foreign tough guys. Sami, is not even top 30 tough looking guys. People would be more intimidated by Titus, Jinder or Owens.

For this angle to work with him, he really needs to develop a never say die persona, maybe get his ass kicked by Braun for 2 months but always fighting new ways to almost win until HinC where he manages to take himself and Braun out for a draw and eventually winning?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Sami is not the ass kicker personality. He's a underdog and the more he speaks, it sounds very annoying. So he needs to cut that out.

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
NOW we are talking. If he turns Babyface and sheds the club shyt and promotes himself as a Georgia boy, it's printing money...his theme already says it. He's a country boy, and you don't want none....

I never thought about it like that, but then I've always said The Club held him back and I'm glad they are on RAW instead of Smackdown.

I do believe that AJ could be the flashy version of SCSA with exceptional athleticism. He's already got the fans behind him. They need to let him cook with these promos though.

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
the thing none of these guys have that dusty and austin had. more than anything...the gift of gab.

They didn't have heavily scripted promos back in the day like they do now and SCSA was one of the few who could pretty much do what he pleased.

Let these dudes cook now with no leash and let's see what can they do.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
They didn't have heavily scripted promos back in the day like they do now and SCSA was one of the few who could pretty much do what he pleased.

Let these dudes cook now with no leash and let's see what can they do.
ehhh i used to think that too, ,but I've enough of these guys to know they don't have that level of promo in them. ziggler, styles, ambrose, none of them can bring at that level on the mic. scripted or not.

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
ehhh i used to think that too, ,but I've enough of these guys to know they don't have that level of promo in them. ziggler, styles, ambrose, none of them can bring at that level on the mic. scripted or not.

Smackdown is proving that to be wrong. They are giving them good material. AJ can hold his own when he's ready to let loose. You got a point with Ziggler and Ambrose though.