It just dawned on me that steve austin and dusty rhodes got over for the same reason

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
why is there not a "Working class guy for the people" wrestler right now?

Dusty was the son of a plumber, fighting the arrogant ballers 4 horseman, and the russian threat nikita koloff, and he was one of the people, literally speaking to the coal miners and unemployed people in the carolinas and georgia.

Austin was a beer swigging swearing tough guy who was antagonized by his evil boss, who was also a rich a$$hole like flair (in different ways but still), and spoke to the 90s dudebros and frat boys who hated their boss and wanted to chug a beer. He also was more appealing to the crowd than a flashy hbk and corporate kiss asses rock and HHH.

There needs to be someone to fit this mold. The closest was CM Punk when he was fighting HHH but that was broken for their own internal reasons...its a role that in theory, could work for Dean Ambrose though he's trash, or maybe luke harper after the wyatts break...maybe even baron corbin a long time from now

Am i off base or does this make sense?

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
The charismatic common/working/everyday man will always get over, as the majority of audience are from a similar sort of working class background/environment.

:bryan: & Punk got over for the same way. Both regular looking guys who majority of the audience can relate too, especially the plight they have had to fight against. It's why DDP got over as well.

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
They do have one. You already know who it is.

giphy.gif

:blessed::blessed:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
The charismatic common/working/everyday man will always get over, as the majority of audience are from a similar sort of working class background/environment.

:bryan: & Punk got over for the same way. Both regular looking guys who majority of the audience can relate too, especially the plight they have had to fight against. It's why DDP got over as well.
Daniel bryan and punk were a bit different because they replaced the "tough guy who will beat you up" element that austin and dusty had, with the "little guy underdog" trope. Personally, i think tough guys always outdraw underdogs. The steiner bros and road warriors will always be more successful than rock and roll express and hardy boys, given he same opportunities.

Ddp is a GREAT example btw.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
It was Punk before he left, it was dean before last WM.
Dean definitely lacked something everyone else mentioned did.

And punk's arrogance and inability to connect with the common man hurts him...maybe its the straight edge, maybe its the greasy look or general miserable demeanor but the is always one hit away from being the dusty and austins and ddps of the world.

Best examples ever of this:

Dusty
Austin
DDP
Bruno
JYD
Early Hacksaw jim duggan

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Sami Zayn is the 2017 version of that for better or worse because in today's world, the working class factory worker has been replaced by the psuedo-hipster part-time Uber driver/part-time Starbucks barista who works during the week to have money on the weekend to attend all their "rock shows".

Sami is basically that, frat boy who is still partying well past his expiration date, looks like a cab driver, being held down by the system (Steph) while trying to improve his position in the wrestling world.

I don't see it getting over quite as hot as Austin did tho

full

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Sami Zayn is the 2017 version of that for better or worse because in today's world, the working class factory worker has been replaced by the psuedo-hipster part-time Uber driver/part-time Starbucks barista who works during the week to have money on the weekend to attend all their "rock shows".

Sami is basically that, frat boy who is still partying well past his expiration date, looks like a cab driver, being held down by the system (Steph) while trying to improve his position in the wrestling world.

I don't see it getting over quite as hot as Austin did tho

full
Hmm...i hear you. They have to double down on that and he has to get tougher. He has the jeff hardy type of "knock me down but i'll get back up" aura but thats a midcard draw steez.

I will say, your reply is literally the first time i ever understood his character, ever lol.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama

Punk also came from a Troublesome household as told in the Y2J storyline