IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

BushidoBrown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Cyber attack modeling & simulation is the next wave. Get in before it's too late :mjpls:
what areas in tech are more steady areas to get into
it seems certain things like what u mentioned get real hot and super overcrowded real fast

is there anything where the competition remains relatively steady/doesnt fluctuate OD?

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
what areas in tech are more steady areas to get into
it seems certain things like what u mentioned get real hot and super overcrowded real fast

is there anything where the competition remains relatively steady/doesnt fluctuate OD?

:jbhmm:

Sysadmin or netadmin

There is no objective answer to that question - Pick an area that you have a genuine interest in. Because you will spend a lot of down time learning when you could be out with friends, playing ps4, etc.

Don't worry about what's hot. If you decide you want a specific position. Grind until u get it. Let's say a job only has 3 spots available. Your mentality should be: There are only 2 left, because I know one is mine.

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
That's debatable.

Can you answer the question or nah?
You'll have a much better shot landing a high paying job in IT/Networking job in Houston than in LA and for sure Miami.

Not to mention the cost of living in each place.

• Dap
Reactions: Czr

Tr0yTV

All Star
Daps
@Czr Help me become a System Admin

I did, that's why I gave u my timeline :heh:

Unfortunately, it does not work like that for us :mjpls: We have to start on the desk, and earn our stripes. While "other folks" get to start at mid level positions :sas2: Find a help desk job while u study for more advanced stuff - My career took off when I read this thread and stopped waiting for ppl to put me on.

Edit:

@MilesTailsPrower @50CentStan since both of u are in the H. I recommend u try craigslist, Reynolds and Reynolds, and Pomeroy for help desk, service desk, and desktop support positions.

Last edited:

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Ive def been ready for my RHCSA for months, i just wish i had the damn money :damn: :damn:

havent had a free enough paycheck for awhile now, im twackin