IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Same here, but I'm 100% committed to this game dev life. But I think I'll do app dev on the side, cause there's just something about talking to somebody about what they want and putting together a system that does that.

That's what's amazing. You have an idea and you can create it and share with countless people instantly. You can pull up your phone and show someone something you created. People will react with indifference when you tell them you are a programmer, but if you show them an app you made, their eyes will light up.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
That's what's amazing. You have an idea and you can create it and share with countless people instantly. You can pull up your phone and show someone something you created. People will react with indifference when you tell them you are a programmer, but if you show them an app you made, their eyes will light up.
O yea, the difference in a reaction i get from saying I'm a developer and showing someone an app is noticeable. And its much easier for me to do that than try to explain what "Business Intelligence Solutions Developer" (Which, my ittle changes everytime I explain it to a new person, lol) is.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
How do y'all cats go to work and sit in a cubical every damn day? :scusthov: shyts borderline slavery :huhldup:

I don't think I can work another job that's not at least 80% remote.

worst ever, I was happier doing security guard at a damn hotel, least I could go outside and smoke a cig or something. walk around, I've just gotten fat doing this cubicle work. Wanna do a travel job, something a little more outdoors or more social, damn bartender or some shyt to help the time go by.

rather cut hair or some shyt.

G

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Just got hit up for a remote gig paying $65/hr. If I got it I'd be making $125/hr.

Low key don't wanna apply cause I really don't feel like interviewing anymore :francis:

I would have never guessed I'd get to this point in my life :wow:

How do y'all cats go to work and sit in a cubical every damn day? :scusthov: shyts borderline slavery :huhldup:

I don't think I can work another job that's not at least 80% remote.

I worked from home for over a year straight. I couldn't wait to go back to a cubicle. I was going crazy breh :damn:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
LOL...First IT Job.........$12.75/hr. I was making more doing warehouse jobs. But luckily back then I browsed alot of Cert forums and people kept saying "Do it for the experience", "You are going to get fukked over on your first job". So I just kept saying to myself, get a couple months of experience and starting looking for another job. shyt back then I was so hungry I applied to Geek Squad. I just needed something with Computers..lol

You sound like me breh. First IT job was $9/hr. I was living on my own and had a car note too. I still have nightmares from the roaches in the room I was renting. Plus I could only afford $40/mo on food so all I ate was chef boyardee and top ramen for 6 months straight :mjcry:

And I applied to the Geek Squad a bunch of times. They wouldn't even call me back :to:

And y'all need to stop thinking you're gonna make bank your first job. You're not. You're gonna get exploited and you're expected to take that dikk down with a smile :ufdup:

But once you make it to year 2, you're pretty much golden. After that start contracting and go from 40k/yr to 65k/yr overnight :ohlawd:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I don't mind the sitting down in a cubical. It allows me to get up and bother someone when I have a question. I enjoy interfacing with people face to face to figure out the problem. It basically fills up my social quota, lol. Its also alot more comfortable to me to actually physically interact with someone vs just talk on the phone. Its the reading of people as well as being able to manipulate the same space, such as a white board. Luckily, I haven't been part of the "Filled up outlook with useless meetings, now must stay for another 4 hrs to actually get work done" group.

Plus, i get my ass to the gym or a join intramural leagues, so I'm at least delaying my :flabbynsick:, lol

Resistance is futile. Embrace the flat top breh
full

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
You sound like me breh. First IT job was $9/hr. I was living on my own and had a car note too. I still have nightmares from the roaches in the room I was renting. Plus I could only afford $40/mo on food so all I ate was chef boyardee and top ramen for 6 months straight :mjcry:

And I applied to the Geek Squad a bunch of times. They wouldn't even call me back :to:

And y'all need to stop thinking you're gonna make bank your first job. You're not. You're gonna get exploited and you're expected to take that dikk down with a smile :ufdup:

But once you make it to year 2, you're pretty much golden. After that start contracting and go from 40k/yr to 65k/yr overnight :ohlawd:
God blessed me with that first job then. I was gettin 20/hr in Jacksonville where cost of living is cheap-o.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
God blessed me with that first job then. I was gettin 20/hr in Jacksonville where cost of living is cheap-o.

I got lucky with my gig. I started as an intern but when I went FT they pumped me up to $19/hr. A nikka felt like he won the lotto :stylin:

Thankfully I was still in college so all the chicks on campus were like "bdizzle got an apartment :whoo:"

I went on a legendary run that summer :wow:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I got lucky with my gig. I started as an intern but when I went FT they pumped me up to $19/hr. A nikka felt like he won the lotto :stylin:

Thankfully I was still in college so all the chicks on campus were like "bdizzle got an apartment :whoo:"

I went on a legendary run that summer :wow:
In that case, you definitely got me. I was making 200 dollars a month off that Mom's pity during college. Im jealous, lol

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
In that case, you definitely got me. I was making 200 dollars a month off that Mom's pity during college. Im jealous, lol

Breh, having a car and an apartment (with no room mates) was like playing on God mode :wow:

I had nice furniture, a wii, a projector, surround sound, and kept liquor on deck.

Throw on some Chris Brown and after a couple shots I was in them guts before they knew what happened :blessed:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Are Contractor interviews the same as full time employee joints where its multiple and half of it is just politics? I`d think contractor gigs would just be the recruiter putting you in touch with the company and y'all get it shaking after an interview?

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Just quit, walked out to be exact.

When I get right, it's fukk black folks 4 life the way people treated me. :ufdup:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Are Contractor interviews the same as full time employee joints where its multiple and half of it is just politics? I`d think contractor gigs would just be the recruiter putting you in touch with the company and y'all get it shaking after an interview?

Dont know about the interview process, but one thing I envy about the consultants at my job is, As soon as they are tired of working on a certain project, they are put onto something new. Meanwhile us associates have to either post out for another job or wait to be transferred to a different team.