IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Daps
In college with two years experience with Javascript, learning Python at the moment. Am I in the right thread?

nikkas in here talking 150K in something that requires no degree, sounds like a nice backup plan. :jbhmm: Page numbers where can I get the meat of what you guys are talking about? Also, are there any software/app developers in here, or anywhere else on the Coli?
Good thing for you, a CS degree will help you in traditional IT as well. But i don't think its necessarily that you can always make 150k without a degree. Many do, but its much easier with one. Either way, it sounds like your learning good stuff. You will be good. With that CS degree and learning those languages you should have no problem earning that type of money at some point. But if you really want a backup? Get a job at your school helpdesk or something so you can have some IT experience when you graduate. That will give you alot more options.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps

NYtymes

All Star
Daps
Y'all think $500 is too much for an instructor led A+ training course :patrice:?

I think thats a reasonable price depending on if it covers exactly what's going to be on the exam. I have been studying for the A+ for a lil over a month and feel like im learning alot, but since im using free youtube course videos im not so sure what to expect.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Y'all think $500 is too much for an instructor led A+ training course :patrice:?
I'm assuming you're asking on someone else's behalf and not trolling us mere mortal 1-2 cert dudes...

If it jump starts dude's studying and\or career in IT then why not? If there's as much money at stake as y'all been saying (for years)? $500 is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis

Pretty cheap really. Especially when you think about where that knowledge can lead someone.

shyt , these damn training companies keep sending me magazine with stuff like " Learn X language in 5 days for $1,800". Now I understand they want companies to pay for it, but stuff like that is a ripoff .