IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
The Company: Known as one of the Top Companies in utility companies in North America. A company that values diversity and greatness from employees as well as offering upward mobility to those who are passionate and committed to their tasks. Located just outside of New Orleans with a generous pay, passionate team, and appointed office.

The Role: This individual is responsible for providing both application and desktop support. You will support desktops, laptops, handhelds, networks, servers, phones, printers, and mobile devices. This person is the first point of contact for IT related problems with all of the above listed devices.

This position is a long term 12+ month contract position. This position is offering highly competitive pay up to $60 per hour.

@bdizzle I applied to this and was told the company was desperate for someone and was looking to fill it ASAP, dude trying to offer me $30 seeing as i was making $28 on my last contract(wasn't thinking and told the truth). I'm thinking about telling him i have a higher offer and seeing if he would top it, would that be the best play at this point? Another recruiter offering the same position at $40 per, should i play them against each other?:patrice:

In the description it says up to $60 , they are desperate to fill and they're offering you $30? If they're desperate tell em you want that 60 theyre offering.

Something is off here..and that up to $60/hr for a desktop support role sounds kinda :patrice:

Last edited:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
The Company: Known as one of the Top Companies in utility companies in North America. A company that values diversity and greatness from employees as well as offering upward mobility to those who are passionate and committed to their tasks. Located just outside of New Orleans with a generous pay, passionate team, and appointed office.

The Role: This individual is responsible for providing both application and desktop support. You will support desktops, laptops, handhelds, networks, servers, phones, printers, and mobile devices. This person is the first point of contact for IT related problems with all of the above listed devices.

This position is a long term 12+ month contract position. This position is offering highly competitive pay up to $60 per hour.

@bdizzle I applied to this and was told the company was desperate for someone and was looking to fill it ASAP, dude trying to offer me $30 seeing as i was making $28 on my last contract(wasn't thinking and told the truth). I'm thinking about telling him i have a higher offer and seeing if he would top it, would that be the best play at this point? Another recruiter offering the same position at $40 per, should i play them against each other?:patrice:

Never tell them what you made at your last role, you tell them what your rate is. So if you want to make $40/hr tell them that's your rate. If you want to make $90/hr, tell them that.

If another recruiter hit you up for the same gig, then go with them. I treat these recruiters like shyt breh. These vultures is making wild paper off of us. You're making $40/hr but the contract is probably for $100/hr. So make em earn it :demonic:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
tumblr_lcu26mIBx21qfp34ko1_400.gif

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
In the description it says up to $60 , they are desperate to fill and they're offering you $30? If they're desperate tell em you want that 60 theyre offering.

Something is off here..and that up to $60/hr for a desktop support role sounds kinda :patrice:
It's in a shythole town about 35 mins away

Silkk

Daps
@bdizzle @No Homo
How much would you ask for this position? :lupe:

Hello Professional,

I got your resume from one of the Job Portal and I just want to Inform you that I got a job opening for you which perfectly matches your skills, If you are looking for a change then kindly reply me to this e-mail with your updated resume. Immediate interview will be schedule, And i promise you, I will get you back at earliest convenience. If you are not looking for new projects, please feel free to pass on this email to your friends or relatives who might be interested.

Position : SIEM Security Analyst

Duration : 12+ Month Contract

Start Date : Immediate

Visa Type : Any

Utilization : 40 hours per week

Position Type : CTC

Immediate Interview In This Week For Sure No Delay Time...!!!

Please note:

Due to very limited seating on-site currently in Plano, this position WILL be remote 2-3 days a week, and the other 2 or 3 days / week will be worked on-site in a conference room working on various projects as a team. All candidates submitted MUST be local to the Greater Plano area, as they need to be available at any time to come into the office. That said, and again due to seating limitations, this position will be working off-site likely 3 days per week until permanent seats become available on-site in Plano.

This candidate will have the responsibility of managing part of the client’s Security Information Event Management System (SIEM). This will include the addition of new security logging sources to the SIEM, development of security reports and KPI’s from the SIEM and the development of dashboards and alerts used by the Security Operation Center for threat detection. This individual will also be involved in the implementation of the client’s SIEM in the new Dallas based data center.

Requirements:

·A minimum of 5 years working in the information Security field.

·Technical knowledge of Information Security Systems

·Vulnerability Scanning

·Data Base Security

·Authentication Systems

·SIEM Systems

·Log management systems

·Data Loss Prevention Systems

·Virtual Private Networks

·Internet Proxy Servers

·Unix \ Linux based systems

·Security Operation Centers

·Technical knowledge of cloud based application and storage system

Technical skills:

·RSA EnVision

·RSA Security Analytics or related SIEM

·RSA Data Loss Prevention

·Microsoft Active Directory

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
@bdizzle @No Homo

Hello Professional,

I got your resume from one of the Job Portal and I just want to Inform you that I got a job opening for you which perfectly matches your skills, If you are looking for a change then kindly reply me to this e-mail with your updated resume. Immediate interview will be schedule, And i promise you, I will get you back at earliest convenience. If you are not looking for new projects, please feel free to pass on this email to your friends or relatives who might be interested.

Please note:

Due to very limited seating on-site currently in Plano, this position WILL be remote 2-3 days a week, and the other 2 or 3 days / week will be worked on-site in a conference room working on various projects as a team. All candidates submitted MUST be local to the Greater Plano area, as they need to be available at any time to come into the office. That said, and again due to seating limitations, this position will be working off-site likely 3 days per week until permanent seats become available on-site in Plano.

This candidate will have the responsibility of managing part of the client’s Security Information Event Management System (SIEM). This will include the addition of new security logging sources to the SIEM, development of security reports and KPI’s from the SIEM and the development of dashboards and alerts used by the Security Operation Center for threat detection. This individual will also be involved in the implementation of the client’s SIEM in the new Dallas based data center.

Requirements:

·Vulnerability Scanning

·Data Base Security

·Authentication Systems

·SIEM Systems

·Log management systems

·Internet Proxy Servers

Technical skills:

·RSA EnVision

$50-60/hr minimum

Also just ask them what the rate is.

Silkk

Daps
$50-60/hr minimum

Also just ask them what the rate is.
I did, he asked me what i was looking for and i told him i'd get back to him

Seems desperate enough so i'm about to go for $50 and see what he says

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
@bdizzle @No Homo

Hello Professional,

Please note:

Requirements:

·Vulnerability Scanning

·Data Base Security

·Authentication Systems

·SIEM Systems

·Log management systems

·Internet Proxy Servers

Technical skills:

·RSA EnVision

Like my cousin told me, you'll only get what you ask for in this..you can negotiate dont be scared to say a high number. They'll counter or tell you what the rate is...always negotiate.