IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Did you load any new 3rd party plugins? I installed UnityVS and every time I would open VS it would crashed. Uninstalled it, problem resolved.

Also you can try and rebuild VS cache :

Clear VS 2012′s extension cache.
  1. In Explorer, navigate to %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Visual Studio\11.0\Extensions.
  2. Delete any extensionSdks.*.cache and extensions.*.cache files, where “*” represents your culture (in my case, “en-US”). These files will be recreated the next time you start VS 2012.

Yep :laugh:. I ended up fixing it though, breh. I was trying to install some extra shyt in Visual Studio and next thing I knew, VS started crashing and my computer would freeze :merchant:. I think it had something to do with my SQL Server connections getting fukked up in the mix somehow. shyt got so bad, I had to uninstall SQL Server and Visual Studio and re-install them, :snoop:. I couldn't even run the repair function to see what was wrong.

NamelessPimp

Legend
Daps
Reppin
Everyday the Sun Comes Up
I'm trying to read through this thread...basically I graduated with an English degree but I was looking to get an IT cert. which one would be the most beneficial to start out with?

I'm looking to go into security for the most part. I have a criminal justice minor which is actually kind of concentrated in security technology (alarm systems and stuff)

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I'm trying to read through this thread...basically I graduated with an English degree but I was looking to get an IT cert. which one would be the most beneficial to start out with?

I'm looking to go into security for the most part. I have a criminal justice minor which is actually kind of concentrated in security technology (alarm systems and stuff)

If you tried reading through this thread you'd already have the answer to your question :stopitslime:

Stop being lazy breh :ufdup:

NamelessPimp

Legend
Daps
Reppin
So I gotta 2

If you tried reading through this thread you'd already have the answer to your question :stopitslime:

Stop being lazy breh :ufdup:

:childplease:

some people say CompTIA’s A+ and Network+ certification aren't always the best way to go anymore, then i saw some people say the Microsoft certs were better.

sorry the question offended you...

:snoop:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
:childplease:

some people say CompTIA’s A+ and Network+ certification aren't always the best way to go anymore, then i saw some people say the Microsoft certs were better.

sorry the question offended you...

:snoop:

You ain't offend me breh :mjpls:

Everyone few weeks another person comes in, says they read the thread, and then asks the same questions of what's the first cert I should start with :skip:

If you plan on getting in IT, you best get used to reading breh.....a lot. So read through the read (I've read through it multiple times since it's inception so you have no excuse :ufdup:) then come holla at us.
Then in a few weeks when the new cat comes in asking the exact same question, you can call him a fukk nikka for not reading the thread :blessed:

NamelessPimp

Legend
Daps
Reppin
You ain't offend me breh :mjpls:

Everyone few weeks another person comes in, says they read the thread, and then asks the same questions of what's the first cert I should start with :skip:

If you plan on getting in IT, you best get used to reading breh.....a lot. So read through the read (I've read through it multiple times since it's inception so you have no excuse :ufdup:) then come holla at us.
Then in a few weeks when the new cat comes in asking the exact same question, you can call him a fukk nikka for not reading the thread :blessed:

:russ:

obviously you were offended if you took the time to respond.

i'm dead over that...then why take the time out to provide a useless answer and then tell me to shyt on the next guy who asks? instead of ignoring the posts you feel you gotta protect the thread from a couple double posts when its 42 pages deep?

:pachaha:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
:russ:

obviously you were offended if you took the time to respond.

i'm dead over that...then why take the time out to provide a useless answer and then tell me to shyt on the next guy who asks? instead of ignoring the posts you feel you gotta protect the thread from a couple double posts when its 42 pages deep?

:pachaha:

:pachaha: my g, I don't have to protect the thread from anything. I'm not even really active that much in this thread any more. But hey, if it makes you feel better thinking I'm upset about you asking that question more power to you :ehh:

Beegio

You ni66as don't exist we eat filet mignon
Daps
i had some important shyt to take care of this week but i should be back on my research/study grind soon.
:sadcam:

Get on that shyt heavy breh, it'll pay off when you're done

So I'm at the end of my test, just got through finishing up the "mark for review" ones you can skip and come back to at the end if you're taking too much time. Stressed the fukk out...hit submit to get my score, and then...

You can view your results after you take our survey...

It was THAT fukkin intense

I studied my ass off, and they wanna prolong the fukkin score...

Then I finished the survey like :lupe:

:banderas:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

So I'm at the end of my test, just got through finishing up the "mark for review" ones you can skip and come back to at the end if you're taking too much time. Stressed the fukk out...hit submit to get my score, and then...

Was it a Cisco exam? I used to hate that shyt smh.

krexzen

All Star
Daps
Was it a Cisco exam? I used to hate that shyt smh.

Nah for Cisco they usually tell you your score then give you the survey but only if you have a Cisco id. When I took the CCent there was an issue with my Cisco ID so I didn't get my score until I got the printout from the front desk.

edit: your avi threw me off. I imagine you probably already know this.

NamelessPimp

Legend
Daps
Reppin
:pachaha: my g, I don't have to protect the thread from anything. I'm not even really active that much in this thread any more. But hey, if it makes you feel better thinking I'm upset about you asking that question more power to you :ehh:

:dead:

this shyt is too funny...ya i'm not active or offended but i'll take the time to police the thread

:salute:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Nah for Cisco they usually tell you your score then give you the survey but only if you have a Cisco id. When I took the CCent there was an issue with my Cisco ID so I didn't get my score until I got the printout from the front desk.

edit: your avi threw me off. I imagine you probably already know this.

I'm trying to remember, but I could have sworn it was the other way around :ohhh:

Last Cisco exam I took was 2011 I think.