IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
What should I start with to give me general knowledge and technical understanding?
For the Sec+. You can use YouTube or check a page or more back in this thread for those sites you can get the free pdfs of books to use for study.

Paid sources you got Udemy courses which go on sale often and have an app, so don’t buy at full price or buy book instead of getting the pdf if you like physical books.

Peep reviews first on any paid source of material

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
For the Sec+. You can use YouTube or check a page or more back in this thread for those sites you can get the free pdfs of books to use for study.

Paid sources you got Udemy courses which go on sale often and have an app, so don’t buy at full price or buy book instead of getting the pdf if you like physical books.

Peep reviews first on any paid source of material
I meant is there a course or cert I should do to give me general knowledge before I jump into security+ or will security+ give me all the knowledge I need?

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
I meant is there a course or cert I should do to give me general knowledge before I jump into security+ or will security+ give me all the knowledge I need?
Certs are bout the path you want to go.
Sec+ is the first cert for the cyber security path.

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
All my comptia certs expired last month (A+, Network+, Security+ and CySA+) :damn: life been so busy I didn’t have time to try to do the credits to renew them.

Not even in the field yet and not really trying to be..my current job threw the bag to the point where I’ve been comfortable the past 3 years. But eventually when I move I want to shift industries. Should I bother redoing any of these exams?

Edit: nevermind just saw the tweet posted above. Thanks.

Daps
Do brehs who have tech skills such as hacking etc keep it to yourself outside of work?

Cause when everybody find out what you can do, they be giving you the side eye like :usure: as if they think you about to hack them or something?

I be like :dahell: I wasn't even thinking about you first of all, and second of all, it ain't that simple. It ain't me just pulling out my laptop and voila, I'm in your email and I have access to your credit cards and complete identity.

Relax. :gucci:

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
Definitely trying to skip Help Desk, i'm at a salary higher than help desk at my job and I'm 29
I recommend the paths of Cyber Security or Cloud Engineer. I’ve heard going for the Red Hat path is another way to skip help desk. Or teach yourself programming or web development. They all paid good but it’s what you want to do.

YouTube channels
Du’An Lightfoot
Josh Madakor
Master I.T. The Tech Career Creator
I.T. Cert Mastery
Boyd Clewis
Tech Is The New Black
KeepItTechie
The Tech Cornr

Do research! Always look the last 10-30+ pages of this thread every few weeks or so. People always dropping gems. Godspeed breh.

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
No experience, I'm trying to get my feet wet with helpdesk.
Check YouTube for all the study courses on comptia a+ 220-1101 & 220-1102.

Then buy the study courses by Mike Myers on Udemy when they’re on sale and the practice exams on Udemy too.

Then go take the exam online.

If you like to read instead buy study guide books or get the pdfs for free.99 on pdfdrive, libgen and zlibrary.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Taking the AZ-400 tomorrow. I'll be cramming like crazy tomorrow lol

Damn man. Freaking failed. 1st time I've ever failed an exam.

ce0f1473-786c-4576-b9c0-b27b9bf939ae_text.gif

I was so confident I was going to pass....Errrr. This exam had so many drag & drop. Put things in the correct order, fill in the blank of scripts and a ton of Github questions.

Rescheduled for 6/9. I'll take it much more seriously this time around.

Last edited: