IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Officially on my cert hunt :demonic: starting off with Security+
I know it's extremely common but any studying suggestions?
s-l500.jpg

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
From chat gpt-4

I just finished my 2nd round of interviews. It feels like it went very well.

When the interview got to the typical “tell me about a project that went bad” question, I told him a true instance where a happy customer retired, his replacement didn’t like our product and stalled the project. I had to meet with the new customer to identify his concerns, go back to our project team and re-pitch our product in terms of their needs.

The hiring manager thought I was cappin with a PMBOK cookie cutter answer, so I gave him the minute details of what happened, the system and the product, what teams I worked with to resolve it…and he was impressed.

He said I’m moving forward to the last interview, which will be a panel of two other VPs.
:francis:

Didn’t get the job.

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
Y'all I'm in the six figure club now. I'm starting a job pretty soon as an Associate Software DevOps Engineer!!! I remember coming to this thread in 2015 legit down on my luck wanting to start tech and found out about the A+. I got my first tech job in 2016 making $8.25 an hour and got my A+ in 2019 and translationed to my current one starting at 19$ hour and in September of 2022 starting the Level Up In Tech program and today being informed of the compensation of 110k to start. My journey started here in this thread :blessed::mjcry:

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all I'm in the six figure club now. I'm starting a job pretty soon as an Associate Software DevOps Engineer!!! I remember coming to this thread in 2015 legit down on my luck wanting to start tech and found out about the A+. I got my first tech job in 2016 making $8.25 an hour and got my A+ in 2019 and translationed to my current one starting at 19$ hour and in September of 2022 starting the Level Up In Tech program and today being informed of the compensation of 110k to start. My journey started here in this thread :blessed::mjcry:
Congrats

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
We eating good breh :banderas: :wow:
Congrats

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
any of y'all ever get okta certified? what's the word on it? my job will likely ask me to get it soon, and wanted to get the jump on it
I’m slowly working on the first cert. My job put me in charge of signing up for Okta, so I had the sales breh add in the training pass. But the official video courses are really dry and go over everything little thing.

So I signed up for Plural Sight because they have a course that covers the exam.