IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
You can’t go wrong with any of the big 3 cloud vendors. Any company worth working for is gonna have some type of cloud foot print.

Also don’t wait for 2 months to start applying. Start now. Use the interviews as practice while you’re working on your cert and let them know you’re actively pursuing said cloud cert. At the worst you’ll get interview experience. If you get lucky, a good hiring manager will scoop you up because of your drive. Even with the layoffs, good tech people are at a premium and most of them are already snatched up by good companies. This forces companies to go back to training and hiring trainable employees even if they lack experience.

A lot of the question you may have are already answered in the thread so you’re gonna have to read, decipher and apply the information that makes sense to your situation as there’s no plug and play for this shyt, but people here are really helpful as long as you put in the effort. But that’s exactly what this field is about. Expecting to be spoon fed information is how people get stuck in helldesk for a decade. You get out what you put in in this field. You’re on the right track. Just keep at it and it’ll come to you.
Thx bruh glad I came back and saw your post

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
so 2022 I started my IT journey.

I got my Sec+ last May
wasted too much time applying for jobs i wasn't qualified for
got a shytty call center job in november
Got an IT Cloud Engineer job in december
Got the AZ 900 that month
And now I got the SC 900 yesterday...

Now im going for the 104...

Okta bag coming soon too
:mindblown: do you have a coding background or something???

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Lol the "cloud" stuff I do is very basic so far. I'm just doing basic Help Desk shyt. But we work in Okta/Azure.

I worked my ass off writing my resume, doing tons of interviews, and lots of studying. It was not easy.
My job is moving over to Azure and I wish they'd hurry the hell up :wow: What kinda shyt are you doing with Okta? We use it too but don't get to do much but reset multifactors :francis:

Oozy

Rookie
Daps
My job is moving over to Azure and I wish they'd hurry the hell up :wow: What kinda shyt are you doing with Okta? We use it too but don't get to do much but reset multifactors :francis:

Nothing too crazy. We add apps, do directory integrations / import new users into Active Directory. Sometimes if a user is unable to use an app although they have it on their Okta, I look at the app and see if there's any issues. But nothing on the administration side of things. HOWEVER, things are going to be changing soon. The director of IT stopped by today to chat and meet the other new guy who started this week - he asked me if I passed my AZ900 - just for him to find out I passed my AZ 900 AND SC 900. So I asked if I could get the Okta Premier Learning Pass Plus and he gave the okay. I'm waiting for that to happen so I can start learning this shyt on a high level. With the new guy joining, I have at least 2-3 hours every day to study. I imagine having more time once he gets caught up to speed.