iStans, since gimmicks are now features how will you use the iPhone X differently than a Galaxy S5?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
tenor.gif

The Mental Gymnastics since the event ended :mjlol:

Was it hair force one becoming the ultimate warrior that sold you or what?

Before you get defensive. Understand that I don't like Samsung phones and an iPhone is my main device, but the mental gymnastics lately have been ridiculous the past few hours on twitter, my job and everywhere else online :heh:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Regardless of what phone you're using, you're going to text, instagram, Facebook, twitter, web browse just like everyone else.

The phone stans are like the console stans;
Nitpicking about features no one in a day to Day sense actually uses. The core functionality is exactly the same.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The home screen is still the same grid of icons.

They took away the Touch ID.

They removed the headphone jack last year.

They took away the home button now it's full on Palm Pre webOS but even that had a home button.

That awkward notch it the top of the screen.

The camera on the back of the phone really looks weird.

There really aren't a lot of new features. Just software gimmick they claim you need some new chip to do so the older models won't get them.

The normal iPhone still misses features the larger ones get.

With no ability to add additional storage they purposely use a lesser amount of storage on the base model so they can charge $150 more for additional storage when it probably cost them $15 or $20 to change the flash and the phones are the same.

The iPhone 8 and X have the same internals minus the Face ID cam and OLED screen yet Apple wants $200-$300 more for the X because of the cam and an OLED screen which that screen tech has been standard on other phones for over half a decade.

What the hell is this company doing? Why are they removing useful features? Why are they still basically putting out the same body as the iPhone 6 about 4 years later? Why are they selling gimmick features instead of real innovation? They really took a hit going from Jobs to Cook. Would Jobs still be releasing the iPhone 6 after 4 years. It's the 6SSS so calling the 8 is laughable. I remember when the model number changed it meant something. Now it means you get 3 year old industry features and "Take on Me" video mode.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

They took away the home button now it's full on Palm Pre webOS but even that had a home button.

There really aren't a lot of new features. Just software gimmick they claim you need some new chip to do so the older models won't get them.

With no ability to add additional storage they purposely use a lesser amount of storage on the base model so they can charge $150 more for additional storage when it probably cost them $15 or $20 to change the flash and the phones are the same.

The iPhone 8 and X have the same internals minus the Face ID cam and OLED screen yet Apple wants $200-$300 more for the X because of the cam and an OLED screen which that screen tech has been standard on other phones for over half a decade.

What the hell is this company doing? Why are they removing useful features? Why are they still basically putting out the same body as the iPhone 6 about 4 years later? Why are they selling gimmick features instead of real innovation? They really took a hit going from Jobs to Cook. Would Jobs still be releasing the iPhone 6 after 4 years. It's the 6SSS so calling the 8 is laughable. I remember when the model number changed it meant something. Now it means you get 3 year old industry features and "Take on Me" video mode.
THIS shyt is well put, and sums up all the issues I have with Apple and this new phone.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

This is a phone for gullible girls and try hards. Mediocrity Knows No Limits.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

well damn

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
THIS shyt is well put, and sums up all the issues I have with Apple and this new phone.
10 years ago Apple put out the iPhone and changed the game. Now 10 years later they put out a phone in celebration of that and the phone is playing catch up. Oh look now we have an OLED screen too. Oh look we do wireless charging too now. Oh look now we're cutting back on our bezels just like they are. Oh look now we can do face unlock too.

This new revolutionary iPhone I waited a while for it the same core OS and internals as the other models and a bunch of features other phones already have. The face unlock might be done better but that's not enough.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

3/10 post

Where's the signature Winb83 analogy?

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
10 years ago Apple put out the iPhone and changed the game. Now 10 years later they put out a phone in celebration of that and the phone is playing catch up. Oh look now we have an OLED screen too. Oh look we do wireless charging too now. Oh look now we're cutting back on our bezels just like they are. Oh look now we can do face unlock too.

This new revolutionary iPhone I waited a while for it the same core OS and internals as the other models and a bunch of features other phones already have. The face unlock might be done better but that's not enough.
They have always played catch up with some features due to them not believing the technology was good enough for prime time. This was the case in some scenarios, such as the fingerprint scanners of yesterday vs touch ID, app multitasking, etc. While they held back some other features, they usually introduced something new and fresh that they came up with first that was a must have feature.
Now they new feature that nobody else has is fukkin animojis :gucci:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps

Facts.

As far as this thread goes, I saw more people in the keynote thread shytting on the X for various reasons (and not just the GSDG homies) than I've ever seen.

I'm sure it still got praised like crazy across the net but it definitely didn't pop on the Coli like releases of yesteryear.