Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Watched the first episode of the new season and the energy between the cast is kind of weird.
I can't explain it.

I might just wait until the season ends and then binge it.

The chubby one became thinner and became chubby again??

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Will never happen

I have a gut feeling it will. The way this series been arcing to this final season, both Issa and Molly been trying to find a romantic connection with multiple men and it never worked out. This despite both of their career elevation and success. However, in this episode, even while everything else going right professionally, they still feel empty romantically. The only time BOTH can be intimate is with each other. And not intimate as in sexually, but intimate as they love each other. It's not a coincidence, for example, that Molly realizes that she need to improve upon herself until her near break-up with Issa. To the point that even in the season premiere episode she was still concerned about if her and Issa could even reconcile truly. Now we're in this episode and now Molly is sending Lady and the Tramp GIFS with the dogs kissing. Molly spending the night and sharing the bed serenading to Issa paralleling to Nathan spending the night thinking he's about to get in Issa's guts.

Issa is done with Lawrence. She's been chasing him for 4 seasons only for the season opener she realizes that she no longer want him. She's doesn't want a shared life with another baby's mother. And being Lawrence no longer is growth. She also learned she cannot be intimate with Nathan. Nathan is there just for one thing and that's sex. He's can front like a good friend but that's his agenda. Any and every man she's been with never worked out. Same with Molly to which she had a self-reflection this episode. She actually realized she doesn't know what she want in a man. It'll come to past that both Issa and Molly are happiest when together. They even have special nights together and all of that. Just a gut feeling that they'll see themselves more romantically.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have a gut feeling it will. The way this series been arcing to this final season, both Issa and Molly been trying to find a romantic connection with multiple men and it never worked out. This despite both of their career elevation and success. However, in this episode, even while everything else going right professionally, they still feel empty romantically. The only time BOTH can be intimate is with each other. And not intimate as in sexually, but intimate as they love each other. It's not a coincidence, for example, that Molly realizes that she need to improve upon herself until her near break-up with Issa. To the point that even in the season premiere episode she was still concerned about if her and Issa could even reconcile truly. Now we're in this episode and now Molly is sending Lady and the Tramp GIFS with the dogs kissing. Molly spending the night and sharing the bed serenading to Issa paralleling to Nathan spending the night thinking he's about to get in Issa's guts.

Issa is done with Lawrence. She's been chasing him for 4 seasons only for the season opener she realizes that she no longer want him. She's doesn't want a shared life with another baby's mother. And being Lawrence no longer is growth. She also learned she cannot be intimate with Nathan. Nathan is there just for one thing and that's sex. He's can front like a good friend but that's his agenda. Any and every man she's been with never worked out. Same with Molly to which she had a self-reflection this episode. She actually realized she doesn't know what she want in a man. It'll come to past that both Issa and Molly are happiest when together. They even have special nights together and all of that. Just a gut feeling that they'll see themselves more romantically.
I see what you’re saying, however I just can’t see her taking her show that route.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
can someone explain what issa's business does? are they promoters? event planners? I'm not clear on how she makes money here.
I think she's an event planner with "black culture" as a focus. So if a client wants to push a new product and get woke cool points, they can go to her to launch the product or put on an event to get the product seen on TV and social media. I think the clients she works with may also sponsor cultural events in the city for brand recognition too.

Seems like something that could only exist in super liberal cities with a large young startup culture population.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Time jump made everything in this episode seem off to me. Issa and Molly back 100 without us getting to see the work. Both Issa and Molly still reeling from their last relationships that was over more than a year ago. I mean Issa boo hoo crying over Lawrence after all this time. :skip: I’m glad Nathan dipped because wtf.