Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Eh I liked the premiere episode better than this one. Issa looked good af in the beginning where she is at the barbershop :banderas:

Crenshaw the Coli militant :mjlol:. Snack snitchin and just eat the sandwich was the highlight tonight. Good episode to stoke the discussion of what should be considered "selling out". The wine down has a good convo about this as well as the fashion show/styling

I never liked Nathan as a character on this show, so if Issa gets upset he bounced and we don't see him too much I'd be alright.

I see they did a little one year timeskip from the first episode to now, good to show that it wasn't an overnight success for Issa. I like they still have her questioning her own business savvy since she wanted to play it safe meanwhile homie went all the way and it worked. This definitely was a crushing blow to her ego

As usual I'm more interested in seeing Molly's story and I always enjoy scenes with her family. Hope it turns out well for her, wasn't expecting flashback scenes

Glad to see Lawrence solo episode next week. Preview looks like he is in San Francisco but that looked like their old apartment....

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Just remember, Issa started this whole thing when she violated the sanctity of their relationship in season 1. That started the entire domino effect. They had years worth of the foundation built before that.
And remember all the ways women twisted themselves like pretzels till this day to justify Issa doing the guy dirty like that. :mjlol:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
From the looks of things... I sense a subtle transition to where it'll end up both Issa and Molly falling for each other. There's some strange hints that implies this maybe, or I maybe tripping.

i think the theme of the show is that sometimes the relationships that we need to pay attention the most are our friendships. They both fell off from each other by focusing so much on male companionship.

This episode was a snoozer fr

I got nothing out of this. I didn’t even crack a smile. Looking forward to the Lawrence ep next week

Issa’s new career reminds me of some Karen civil type mess

it wasn’t good. And is Issa an agent or something I’m not even sure what she actually does. Is she just a curator of vibes like yesJulz

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i think the theme of the show is that sometimes the relationships that we need to pay attention the most are our friendships. They both fell off from each other by focusing so much on male companionship.

it wasn’t good. And is Issa an agent or something I’m not even sure what she actually does. Is she just a curator of vibes like yesJulz

Yeah, she seems like one of the middle men event planners that secures talent

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being that it's now a year later and clearly no mention of Lawrence from the previous episode.

The next Lawrence focused episode may conclude his part of the story for this series. From the previews it'll show him moving to San Francisco, having dates with other women. But being that we're into a year later, Condola's baby would've arrived and part of that is being a father to that child.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Ngl I was :mjlol::pachaha: when she started crying, then it kept going and I went to :beli::francis:

I went from :mjlol:but then it kinda took a serious turn and I was like :yeshrug:.

This whole mess started because instead of parting ways with Lawrence the right way back in season one, she decided to cheat.

I always go back to that. Lawrence was being a bum, don't get me wrong. But if she felt like she needed to move on then she should have done just that. Their situation has been a shyt show since he walked out that night.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I went from :mjlol:but then it kinda took a serious turn and I was like :yeshrug:.

This whole mess started because instead of parting ways with Lawrence the right way back in season one, she decided to cheat.

I always go back to that. Lawrence was being a bum, don't get me wrong. But if she felt like she needed to move on then she should have done just that. Their situation has been a shyt show since he walked out that night.

Oh fasho this whole show is basically both of them tryna pick up the pieces from that night. They mighta fukked around and really worked it out if it went another way, but that’s life :yeshrug: