Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
so on the new episode, amanda seales character is pregnant.

I could have swore her husband is gay or at least they hinted at it.
I still ain't forget about.....
Y'all peep how Tiffany wasn't where Derrick said she was while they were watching that show? :jbhmm:
Did they ever get back at this? :patrice:

:mjlit:

Edit: Nevermind, Issa already confirmed a while back that Tiffany wasn't cheating. That whole scene had me wondering though.

Last edited:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I'm still trippin how in issa's world there's like only 1 or 2 degrees of seperation between every new person she meets versus the folks she already knows. I thought los angeles was huge.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I'm watching this show, and can anyone explain why issa is having a mixer? what type of business is she trying to go into? all the while, she has no job, so I don't understand how she's paying bills.

I'm noticing a lot of shows show young-ish type folks trying to navigate the world, but none of them are seemingly employed.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm watching this show, and can anyone explain why issa is having a mixer? what type of business is she trying to go into? all the while, she has no job, so I don't understand how she's paying bills.

I'm noticing a lot of shows show young-ish type folks trying to navigate the world, but none of them are seemingly employed.

Issa also moonlights as the Super of her complex.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
I'm still trippin how in issa's world there's like only 1 or 2 degrees of seperation between every new person she meets versus the folks she already knows. I thought los angeles was huge.
i think the point is that "Black LA" is small

even when ol girl mentioned how all the black events use the same vendors

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL

The mixer was to bring together black business owners and sponsors for the block party event she is planning...

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
but how does that make her money?
I'm not sure exactly how it works but I'm assuming the sponsors and businesses will pay a fee to have their business operate at the event.
I think she mentioned the event would be free for the community

My guess is if it goes well, this would be her passion and her job down the line...

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Black LA, especially middle class / upper middle class Black LA, is pretty small. LA in general is also a place where you can run into the same people at your regular spots depart the city being large - especially if you live in one of the neighborhoods that is more walkable.

Full episode on YouTube via HBO btw:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
When it comes to black professionals in a big city, the reality is, the world is small when you're doing shyt. The woman at the mixer alluded to that too. When she was like, all the black people go and get the same sponsors and they just rotate around... then she asks, so what's different about what Issa is trying to do.

If you not making any moves, then yes, nobody is going to know you.

It's the same way here in Chicago.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
The women are already projecting their hate toward Condola. Purposely messing up her name already.

They're so mad the Hive continues to win.

kobe-laughing_1350060747.gif
Dog, even my girl is talking about “why would he push up on her knowing she could possibly be Issa friend one day... he’s wrong for that...” :mindblown: