Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Its always two sides to every story but from what i gather The creator of That Guy had a hand in a LOT of B&S early series that were popular and they tried to screw her over so she left. I only ever was interested in her stuff so when she left i left.

shes really talented it's a shame she's not getting that Issa Rae push

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Its always two sides to every story but from what i gather The creator of That Guy had a hand in a LOT of B&S early series that were popular and they tried to screw her over so she left. I only ever was interested in her stuff so when she left i left.

Did they even continue the Roomioverfriends prequel?

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
:francis: I don't know if I'm back if Lawrence doesn't come back. It was good to see him and Issa get closure, but I think this might have been closure on his character's story arc :mjcry: I could relate to the homie bc we've made similar moves in life, been in similar spots (my girl didn't smash a producer tho), just an awkward ass nikka. So every move he was making, I could see me doing the same awkward shyt. So the shyt w/ Aparna makes perfect sense from him as a character. Just sucks bc it looks like they were getting along pretty good. The fact that she smashed buddy more than once is interesting bc they made it initially seem like an accident or they were drunk. An insecure awkward ass nikka. And I don't blame him for it. No fukkin way Imma be good you smiling/laughing w/ a dude you smashed. In my face :hhh:

Is Colin that funny? :stopitslime:

Issa cursed Daniel out then asked to sleep on his couch. They're writing his character into sucka territory.

Molly moving hoe-ish. Gave Lil Rel the cheeks, then smashed Dro.....again.

We'll see what happens next season. Maybe lol

Yeah, I think Daniel takes Lawrence's spot as the 'main male' character, if that makes sense. They're not gonna follow Lawrence having threesomes and smashing out chicks any more bc he's not really tied to the main characters any more. It'd be wack if they have Molly or Kellie randomly interacting with buddy throughout LA. I hope they don't do that :francis:

that's fair. they could give his character some depth in the upcoming season. to your point tho - he is attached to Issa. I don't think Aparna will be back, unfortunately. She gave good advice, and was good for Lawrence. But I think her run is up. It would be good to see the black STEM professional perspective, but I think we're going to see more of Daniel making his Soundcloud beats

smh i fukkin knew it. i'm out, brehs - can't watch this shyt. i hate this nikka Daniel b/c he was the side dude.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
i thought it was a given that lawrence moved on and won't be involved with the show anymore by the end of season 2...unless i missed something?
Nah, just the same news is being circled around. It was just announced on Twitter, again.

After seeing Atlanta, they only did an episode (a sub par one) on women. So Insecure might just do an episode that'll get nikkas mad :patrice: