Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

L0Qutus

All Star
Daps
The Root:Now Switch! Insecure Will Cover Masculinity, Atlanta Will Focus on Women, in Upcoming Seasons

I know it's the fukked up Root so don't click the link. The relevant parts are below:

Fresh off the success of season 2, Robbin’ Season, Atlanta writer and producer Stephen Glover told the Hollywood Reporter that the seminal show’s new season will focus more on women.

“I think we have some cool ideas in season 3 that’ll put some more women on-screen,” said Glover, brother of the show’s star and creator, Donald. “There’s a very specific perspective from the Atlanta woman that I think we’re gonna explore in season 3.”

On the flip side is Rae and Insecure. The actress and producer recently revealed that she will tackle (toxic) masculinity in her upcoming season.
“I love black masculinity as it relates to black women,” said Rae in a recent interview with Newsweek. “I think that’s something interesting that we haven’t gotten a chance to explore yet—and specifically toxic male black masculinity as it relates to black women. I’m trying to find a way to explore that and get a rounded storyline that isn’t preachy.”

Brothas are tired of getting shyt on:

But Lawrence is still out there simpin':

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows

L0Qutus

All Star
Daps
Season 3: the season of the Switch.
I only know Issa Raye from Insecure and the snippets of her book that were posted online. I haven't watched her YouTube show. Is she really one of those "Blavity BM ain't shyt" type of Sistahs? I guess she thinks it's good for business.

I will say one thing:
No one has ever gone broke shytting on Black men.-L0Qutus June 12, 2018

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I know this is about insecure but @Milk N Cookies @Ziggiy yall watching the That Guy finale? I signed up to the service and found out there's a 3rd season I've never seen :gucci:

They were supposed to wrap it up with a movie i believe but the creator fell out with black & sexy and they never released it

Edit- The creator is PISSED right now on instagram. B&S released that finale without her consent

Last edited:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I know this is about insecure but @Milk N Cookies @Ziggiy yall watching the That Guy finale? I signed up to the service and found out there's a 3rd season I've never seen :gucci:
I stopped watching their shyt after they kept making things exclusive to their streaming service when it wasn’t worth the money to spend as an a subscriber

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I stopped watching their shyt after they kept making things exclusive to their streaming service when it wasn’t worth the money to spend as an a subscriber

Its always two sides to every story but from what i gather The creator of That Guy had a hand in a LOT of B&S early series that were popular and they tried to screw her over so she left. I only ever was interested in her stuff so when she left i left.