Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

The Riddler

All Star
Daps
Lawrence or not, I’m watching this show. One of the best on TV rn better than a lot of overhyped shows.

Those saying no nudity, did you forget Molly is a hoe :mjlol:. Issa just got blasted in the face last season and now they live together - what you think is going on :russ:

Molly hasn't been naked :francis: Issa and her are both hoes but the actresses ain't showing skin.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I won't drop this show off of GP (it's good television) but I do hope she keeps a decent male figure in the cast.

Whether it was on purpose or not, giving the male audience something to latch on to, such as the #TeamLaurence vs #TeamIssa storyline, was a key factor in the show blowing up. Even though she doesn't cater to the male audience (and rightfully so) she presents storylines that are layered enough that can have at least two differing views (usually male vs. female). I love that aspect of the show and it's what kept me watching.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
If Lawrence is really out this season or barely in it, I hope they get into Tiffany’s story some more.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I will miss Lawrence and his homeboy a lot. And really last season they covered him and Issa solo for most of the season so it is kinda unnecessary to drop him. I would like to see how he fares in the tech world and if he can keep it together with his new chic.
But his absence is not a big enough reason to drop this. The show is high quality no matter which storyline they are covering whether Molly, Issa or Lawrence. I hope this show last a long ass time actually it is genuinely funny and makes intelligent social commentary. Real talk Insecure > Atlanta. Definitely a lot funnier and Issa is more likable than Earl by a lot.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Insecure.jpg

August 12th!! *updates title*

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I will miss Lawrence and his homeboy a lot. And really last season they covered him and Issa solo for most of the season so it is kinda unnecessary to drop him. I would like to see how he fares in the tech world and if he can keep it together with his new chic.
But his absence is not a big enough reason to drop this. The show is high quality no matter which storyline they are covering whether Molly, Issa or Lawrence. I hope this show last a long ass time actually it is genuinely funny and makes intelligent social commentary. Real talk Insecure > Atlanta. Definitely a lot funnier and Issa is more likable than Earl by a lot.

I was with you until this.

Atlanta has THE most intelligent dialogue and execution of thematic social commentary that i’ve ever seen on television.whereas Insecure is nore straight forward in its narrative (which isn’t a bad thing) Atlanta tackles issues relevant to the black community in a manner that is truly groundbreaking. Issa talks about attempting to tackle issues without being preachy. Donald simply DOES it. He’s got that gift.

When Insecure can drop an episode as layered as Teddy Perkins then you have a conversation

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
it aint about the nudity but thats a plus for me. Not having a male on the show will be tough tho. I think issa and co. are funny but now just having them and hearing their womanly troubles is just black sex & the city :heh: i didnt watch that so :manny:....it is a lot funnier than that show tho so i'll keep watching til its not