Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know someone like this right now. early 40s, single, and she pretty much says this verbatim :ohhh:

I know someone like this that stays posting on facebook crying. The thing is me and everyone in my crew in college tried to hollar at her. And now everyone of the dudes in my crew graduated and are married.

See at the time she was chasing all the star football players cause we were broke kats as she said. Yet them football players were trash students and didn't have the talent to make it to the pros. Now she in her 30s and don't have a man and steady crying ain't no good dudes out here.

See her cousin that went to college wasn't stupid she went to college to get a degree and a mate. She got one of them nerd engineer brothas that got straight As and sat in the front of the class. He was like me and my crew broke as fukk in school and didn't have a quarter to rub together. But her cousin saw the potential and knew that nerd was going places and was a good catch.

Now her cousin posting pictures on facebook with her 300k house, 2 kids, trips all around the country and overseas with her husband who some big time manager making six figures.

Like I tell these young folks you stupid as hell if you ain't in college trying to snatch you up a mate who trying to do something with themselves from a long term stand point.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Dear White People
Thanks again for your recomendation. I watched the movie and the series and it was pretty good though I hated the interacial dating stuff and the gay stuff. I mean why they got to push those agendas in the media so much, I cant cosign that. The series imo was better then the movie though.

Logan Browning :wow: God bless america!

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
For as long as she fought to have her show, she prolly had to include a lot of that. I'm sure 2 or 3 of the girls will have a fling or relations with non-black men to appeal to the 'love sees no color/gender' audience.
giphy.gif

It only took two seasons for this & it wasn't only the women of the show... oh Lawrence, he's making this show so much more than I expected.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
No you moved the goal post.

All you said was the only actress not shown fukking was "the Latina". Never mind the fact that Aparna isn't Latina (south Asian), you were wrong in your assement . The racially ambiguous chick in the threesome was shown "smutted out".

why don't you quote everything that I said from jump, instead of just the stuff that you want to acknowledge?

I already addressed the threesome chicks before you brought them up. altho, I didn't think they were known actresses. I admit my wrong on THAT part. but I see that youre not built to do the same, so have a good day.

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Just finished this, not as good as season 1. Felt more like an ensemble, with the girlie element ratcheted up in more ways than 1.

I like molly's work drama but too much time was dedicated to her side chick storyline that was insipid.Hard to root for Lawrence after how dirty he did the chick at the bank, dude also showed c00n like tendacies, why not make him heel?

I like the show just being issa, Lawrence work/social life drama with their friends being shown in spurts. The choices the girls made in the finale just made the season feel like a waste of time

Maybe I don't know what this show is, s1 had depth but all this was was "guys sleep around all the time why can't girls do it too" I ain't interested in watchin sistahs be slores especially if non have that sex appeal, s3 better come correct or I'm out

Last edited:

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
^u will proabably nvr ever see a main black woman on this show naked. Might as well just get that out your head now. shyt u will probably nvr see any season regular naked. Just man ass every sex scene
feminism :troll: