Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
I understand where y'all are coming from BUT Lawrence has his own baggage and she hasn't judged him or showed she was uneasy during the party when he chased Issa to talk to her. She just came out and was like I'm leaving Lawrence and they left together.Bruh, 99.9% of women would lose their shyt if you chase your ex while you're at dinner. It's obvious to us and it's def obvious to her that Lawrence still has some feelings for Issa but has she ever brought that up to our knowledge? They both have fukked up situations which is why I felt it was fukked up that Lawrence acted like his shyt was clean. She gave Lawrence the benefit of doubt by not even questioning him and yet he's acting like a hoe because she's laughing at a text and assuming it's the dude she fukked. The way he brought it up was on some hoe shyt, only females do shyt like that. "He can't be that funny" :aicmon:

:manny: he talked to her about it. obvious he wasn't comfortable w that relationship. felt like it was growth to say he wasn't comfortable w/ something instead of just sitting there.

To Lawrence's credit, I don't think they were an official item when he brought Aparna to the party, and he told her that Issa was going to be there. To Aparna's benefit though, it looks like she was uncomfortable w/ Lawrence's unresolved feelings for Issa. Funny how things come out - not sure if she ever spoke about it before that phone rang in the car. Hopefully they find a way to work things out.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I understand where y'all are coming from BUT Lawrence has his own baggage and she hasn't judged him or showed she was uneasy during the party when he chased Issa to talk to her. She just came out and was like I'm leaving Lawrence and they left together.Bruh, 99.9% of women would lose their shyt if you chase your ex while you're at dinner. It's obvious to us and it's def obvious to her that Lawrence still has some feelings for Issa but has she ever brought that up to our knowledge? They both have fukked up situations which is why I felt it was fukked up that Lawrence acted like his shyt was clean. She gave Lawrence the benefit of doubt by not even questioning him and yet he's acting like a hoe because she's laughing at a text and assuming it's the dude she fukked. The way he brought it up was on some hoe shyt, only females do shyt like that. "He can't be that funny" :aicmon:

The way he handled it was hoe shyt for sure. There was way better ways to address and tell her how it looks than that passive aggressive shyt he did but he definitely needed to address it. Difference between his situation with Issa and hers is that he'd be seeing that shyt every day at work where the Issa shyt was a rare occurrence. And you can tell she was feeling a certain way about the Issa situation by the way she reacted at seeing that Issa was calling him.

I personally think too much emphasis is put on chemistry vs compatibility.

Chemistry: IMO, chemistry is similar to lust. It's an initial emotion, energy...that butterflies feeling. Unfortunately, chemistry can waiver at times & sometimes, it never returns.

Compatibility: IMO, this is the foundation of a long term relationship/marriage. Compatibility is less about unpredictable feelings & more about "I feel in the gaps that you lack & vice versa." It's more enept to building a healthy future for one another.

So this is why I can't stand Molly's dating decisions. Outside of the obvious (i.e. being a side chick) she never makes decisions that are in her best (long term) interest.

Interesting thoughts. How do you define compatibility? To me the chemistry is the most important part. Cause to me once the gaps are filled in you still have to actually enjoy each other's company. The relationships I've seen last the longest are the best friends. I've seen too many relationships where they were compatible and filled in the gaps but the people in them were ultimately unhappy and have to go outside of the relationship to fulfill the social needs through friends or cheating.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Didn't Tiffany also mention something about how they were trying for a long time to get pregnant with no success? So that'd make even more sense if she got knocked up by somebody else.

Yeah that's something that's crazy that more people don't understand. Just because someone is perfect on paper doesn't mean they are right for you. Chemistry is huge. There's a balance no doubt where you can't just rely on chemistry and ignore flaws in a person. But so many people end up marrying the perfect on-paper partner and end up miserable because they have no chemistry.

I actually think it's the opposite. I think people end up marrying people they have chemistry with without taking a deep look into whether their values and goals actually align.

Last edited:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
I personally think too much emphasis is put on chemistry vs compatibility.

Chemistry: IMO, chemistry is similar to lust. It's an initial emotion, energy...that butterflies feeling. Unfortunately, chemistry can waiver at times & sometimes, it never returns.

Compatibility: IMO, this is the foundation of a long term relationship/marriage. Compatibility is less about unpredictable feelings & more about "I feel in the gaps that you lack & vice versa." It's more enept to building a healthy future for one another.

So this is why I can't stand Molly's dating decisions. Outside of the obvious (i.e. being a side chick) she never makes decisions that are in her best (long term) interest.

Exactly, chemistry basically is emotional intelligence. Some people have chemistry with everyone because they are highly emotionally intelligent and can appeal to people in that way.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
This is coming from someone who until recently never really made comfortable money (i.e. to where I could do a budget and come out in the black while accounting for consistent savings deposits and such).

Honestly, I don't think she's used to thriving like that. She spent five years with Lawrence, and that dude apparently had enough saved up to where he could continue to cover his half of the bills on that plus unemployment for two years.

For all we know, she's never been in a position where she had to have more than just "a job" to get by. She's always had another person's income coming in to help with bills. Not that it's really an excuse, but because she hasn't really spent much of her adult life by herself -- at least from what it seems -- she doesn't quite know how to live within her means.

But it all depends on how good people are with money. Some people can have a meager salary but manage it well enough to where they aren't thriving, per se, but they aren't hurting.
Anybody wanna re-evaluate calling Lawrence a bum? That "bum" nikka was so smart he had enough savings to keep holding Issa down financially.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Anybody wanna re-evaluate calling Lawrence a bum? That "bum" nikka was so smart he had enough savings to keep holding Issa down financially.
he wasnt holding her down
he was paying his half
he was a bum cuz he was trying to get out of the rut he was in
a couple months maybe but 2yrs is bum status to me

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps

She smashed a dude they work with and is still constantly in his face. You expect breh to be cool with that :gucci:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
what a season team lawrence

we had our ups and our downs but :wow: we really fukked around and won the division :salute:!

our hero tried to blow it in the final seconds but luckily our opponent was just as clumsy when it counted

hopefully we can learn from our mistakes this season and go on and win the division again next year :blessed:

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
Interesting thoughts. How do you define compatibility? To me the chemistry is the most important part. Cause to me once the gaps are filled in you still have to actually enjoy each other's company. The relationships I've seen last the longest are the best friends. I've seen too many relationships where they were compatible and filled in the gaps but the people in them were ultimately unhappy and have to go outside of the relationship to fulfill the social needs through friends or cheating.

Chemistry is fleeting & it can be duplicated with many people. All chemistry means is that we have similar interest on the surface level stuff (i.e. music, art, we have fun together).

Compatibility is more of an exchange. For instance, a husband may be terrible at day-to-day finances but a rockstar when it comes to investing. And vice versa for the wife. So the wife handles the day to day & the husband handles big picture financial decisions. They help each other where they are lacking & it ends up being a better scenario with the efforts together, vs apart. The bolded leans toward compatibility to me.

I actually think it's the opposite. I think people end up marrying people they have chemistry with without taking a deep look into whether their values and goals actually align.

I agree.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
real shyt :patrice:
I aint even think about how well she handled that dinner

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
he wasnt holding her down
he was paying his half
he was a bum cuz he was trying to get out of the rut he was in
a couple months maybe but 2yrs is bum status to me
He wasn't a bum. He was picky. U know who the real bum is? The one who can't get her shyt together on her own. His hard work and patience payed off in the long run.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
real shyt :patrice:
I aint even think about how well she handled that dinner
She invited her own damn self to the dinner after he said his ex was gonna be there. Of course she handled it well. She better have. Lol. They wasn't even together yet. They was in process.

Last edited: