Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Man, I actually like this show and of course my girl loves it.

I can see why some dudes don't like it because they be talking about nikkas like them :pachaha:

Shid, I know a few times even while watching it my girl I was like :patrice: should we be watching this.... lol

But that's kinda why it works...

Her mirror scenes have me rolling, and I hope the Blood dad is a recurring character....

It's a good show, the portrayal of the black men on here doesn't bother me because we all know cats like them. And it's not like the chicks are angels and flawless....

I think I'm starting to have a crush on Issa Rae though :lupe:

Last edited:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
I like the show, it's funny and a cool way to spend 30 minutes. The Rite Aid scene when she asked her dude for the discount card had me dead :dead:

I understand this show show is stereotypical, but when you have shows funded by non-black owned sponsors, you can't really expect positive stories to be told. There are cool black shows online that don't show black folks rachet, you got shows like Brothers with No Game; Lennox Ave, and Black & Sexy that are good alternatives.

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps

:smugdraper:

Well written, man.

People really undersell the value television can have in the hazardous portrayals of various demographics.

I don't know anything about this show but you covered it so well that I don't feel I had to catch up to speed on anything.