Israel–Hamas War: 10/7/2023 - Present

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
The fact that media is intentionally refusing to report that it was an act of protest means that they care.

Furthermore, this man’s self-immolation is bringing more awareness. It’s not just that he did it, it’s that he was a member of the military.

Change isn’t born from one action, but many hundreds and thousands of escalating actions over time. In my life I’ve literally led a movement for policy change in my city. Awareness is the first step.

You're joking right? I've always viewed self immolation as a retarded way of protesting. You died, the world keeps turning and wild shyt keeps happening

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You're joking right? I've always viewed self immolation as a retarded way of protesting. You died, the world keeps turning and wild shyt keeps happening
Okay I’ll give you that one. I’ve seen at least half a dozen articles today where the headlines don’t mention anything about protest or the “war” in Gaza.

The rest of my point still stands. Protest is about awareness and galvanizing people. Change happens behind a groundswell of people, not just one person.

Maybe you view self-immolation as a “retarded” way of protesting but this one is getting way more coverage than the weekly (very large) protests that are happening in major cities all across the world. So maybe you should reconsider your stance.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
The fact that media is intentionally refusing to report that it was an act of protest means that they care.

Furthermore, this man’s self-immolation is bringing more awareness. It’s not just that he did it, it’s that he was a member of the military.

Change isn’t born from one action, but many hundreds and thousands of escalating actions over time. In my life I’ve literally led a movement for policy change in my city. Awareness is the first step.
FACTS :salute:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Honestly....
gj5nawm.png

My heart, mind and self become more and more broken as these horrors continue around the world. But I must bear witness.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
These fakkits really think they can threaten the world they will be their own downfall :ufdup:

American taxpayers should counter lobby the Govt..Israel gets to do as it pleases because they have US politicians in their pockets.
At this rate, America will be left with Israel as its only ally.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
on dude, it would be somewhat diff if he was Palestinian, but that was an American who joined the military by free will and could've left the same way. to me it's no different than clipping yourself over some temporary bullshyt in your life. that may seem insensitive, but i've dealt with a decent amount of suicides by family and friends. I don't have enough mental capacity to really care about a creh crème brûléeing himself :manny:

where were ppl roasting themselves when BH was kidnapping lil girls in Africa?
where are these protests for genocides Africa?
don't see anyone having mental breakdowns for the Uyghurs or innocent ukranians
you can't tell me dude dusted himself to become an internet meme. that's peak mental illness

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
on dude, it would be somewhat diff if he was Palestinian, but that was an American who joined the military by free will and could've left the same way. to me it's no different than clipping yourself over some temporary bullshyt in your life. that may seem insensitive, but i've dealt with a decent amount of suicides by family and friends. I don't have enough mental capacity to really care about a creh crème brûléeing himself :manny:

where were ppl roasting themselves when BH was kidnapping lil girls in Africa?
where are these protests for genocides Africa?
don't see anyone having mental breakdowns for the Uyghurs or innocent ukranians
you can't tell me dude dusted himself to become an internet meme. that's peak mental illness
With all due respect, you don't know what is in other people's hearts. I am fully aware of the plight of the Uyghurs. I've brought it to the attention of Muslims I know in real life who were oblivious to it. Wars and genocides in Africa are barely touched upon in US media unless it fukks with the money or US lives are lost. It's bad for business to broadcast what is really going on.
Israel/Palestine is a different creature because of everything that comes along with it. Forget the fact that you couldn't write this as a movie. It's too spot on... too tragically ironic through any lense you view it through. If you have even the faintest knowledge of history your head will :mindblown: History aside, the geopolitical ramifications alone are potential watershed moments. My heart breaks for tragedy wherever it takes place and to whomever suffers it but some things steal the spotlight... :yeshrug:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
With all due respect, you don't know what is in other people's hearts. I am fully aware of the plight of the Uyghurs. I've brought it to the attention of Muslims I know in real life who were oblivious to it. Wars and genocides in Africa are barely touched upon in US media unless it fukks with the money or US lives are lost. It's bad for business to broadcast what is really going on.
Israel/Palestine is a different creature because of everything that comes along with it. Forget the fact that you couldn't write this as a movie. It's too spot on... too tragically ironic through any lense you view it through. If you have even the faintest knowledge of history your head will :mindblown: History aside, the geopolitical ramifications alone are potential watershed moments. My heart breaks for tragedy wherever it takes place and to whomever suffers it but some things steal the spotlight... :yeshrug:
Are you gonna self immolate over Gaza? You got all that to say about Palestine, but said nothing about the atrocities that happen in African countries on a daily basis