Israel–Hamas War: 10/7/2023 - Present

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For all we know they were warned and ignored the intelligence. As far as I know we don't have enough info to say.
Netanyahu was under pressure with his judicial review. Large scale protests. All that is forgotten now, and he may just be able to sneak it through under the people's noses now due to fear.

We have seen this playbook before.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Netanyahu was under pressure with his judicial review. Large scale protests. All that is forgotten now, and he may just be able to sneak it through under the people's noses now due to fear.

We have seen this playbook before.

And yet Netanyahu looks incompetent after this - what "playbook" is he using exactly?

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Realistically speaking, i think they shouldve taken the martin luther king or ghandi approach here.

If all 2 million people stripped down to their underwear and slowly walked toward the "no -go" zone with their hands up ; i garuntee you there wouldnt be a GAZA by morning the next day. Pair that strategy with a hunger strike and all the UN organizations would be forced to side with the unarmed , malnourished people people slowly marching towards the well fed, well armed military people at the gaza border. The existence of israel itself would be questioned if even a single bullet was fired at such people. And the complicit arab states of egypt and saudiarabia would be compelled to move if multiple bullets flew due to impending internal instability of their own people who would side with the palestinians.

The violence route isnt the answer for this conflict. Their only hope is to capture the world's attention. I argue that if those young arab men currently fighting israel are truly determined to be marytrs , then they should have no problem doing so in unarmed capacity .

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Realistically speaking, i think they shouldve taken the martin luther king or ghandi approach here.

If all 2 million people stripped down to their underwear and slowly walked toward the "no -go" zone with their hands up ; i garuntee you there wouldnt be a GAZA by morning the next day. Pair that strategy with a hunger strike and all the UN organizations would be forced to side with the unarmed , malnourished people people slowly marching towards the well fed, well armed military people at the gaza border. The existence of israel itself would be questioned if even a single bullet was fired at such people. And the complicit arab states of egypt and saudiarabia would be compelled to move if multiple bullets flew due to impending internal instability of their own people who would side with the palestinians.

The violence route isnt the answer for this conflict. Their only hope is to capture the world's attention. I argue that if those young arab men currently fighting israel are truly determined to be marytrs , then they should have no problem doing so in unarmed capacity .

Ah yes, the ANC also should’ve adopted non violence too against the Boers

:childplease: :mjlol:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps

Maybe you're right. But I do find it amazing and disturbing that we've convinced (if not brainwashed) ourselves to resorting to non-violent means while Western/colonial powers get to blow up everything in sight. When it's a fight for freedom, sovereignty, and justice.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

Living in the west has really spoiled you with silly ideas.

I am not sure what Hamas is trying to accomplish here but Israel has shown no desire to alter their approach to the mistreatment of the Palestinians.

Non violence only works in lightening in a bottle situations.

That has already been tried. Not effective.

I don't think hitting civilians is the way to go. But if you are suggesting a kumbuya begging spree for your own land back, it sounds crazy