Israel–Hamas War: 10/7/2023 - Present

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Israel has been, at least in some regards and/at least on the surface level, been following international protocol.
Damn, “International Protocol” needs to be updated to state that “you can’t systematically take over another sovereign states’s land over the course of decades and essentially force them into open air prisons on small strips of land”.

If “International Protocol” wasn’t broken by Israel in the decades leading up to this event…then fukk “International Protocol”.

“It’s bad for Hamas to hide in civilian centers (because it breaks protocol) but OK for Israel to steal land (because it doesn’t break protocol?).”

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
See that isn't true. Israel has been encroaching on territory in Gaza for decades now, despite being told it's illegal by the international community.

Hamas responds with terror because they are punching up. I dont agree with killing innocent people, but you can't consider a lifetime of apartheid and automatically assume Hamas is the only culprit.

Whether you want to admit it or not, Israel created Hamas, much like the South African Apartheid government forced the ANC into what many considered to be terrorism, back in the day.

Also, at the end of the day, let's assume a terrorist tunnel is somewhere under a hospital. The hospital can do nothing about it. They were there before Hamas. Their primary objective is saving lives in the Gaza. To decide you will let those people die to maybe hit a Hamas tunnel is wickedness no matter how you cut it.

Also yes, the US went ham after 9/11. Instead of righteous revenge, lies were told to the world that resulted in many innocent lives being lost. Should we shrug our should and be happy with that? The ends don't always justify the means.
You're responding just to argue. I literally added caveats for every argument you tried to make before you made it. I did not say I supported nor condoned any behavior beyond a ceasefire.

I'm not going to be self righteous and pretend like many of the comforts I enjoy aren't at the expense of others or pretend like I don't actively benefit from Western culture.

I understand that many of you are taking a pro Palestine stance and I take no issue with that. However, you (general) who will never actively lift a finger to help resolve this issue nor help these people and who also enjoy the same benefits I enjoy, will not pressure me into taking the self-righteous yet do nothing stance you take.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Damn, “International Protocol” needs to be updated to state that “you can’t systematically take over another sovereign states’s land over the course of decades and essentially force them into open air prisons on small strips of land”.

If “International Protocol” wasn’t broken by Israel in the decades leading up to this event…then fukk “International Protocol”.

“It’s bad for Hamas to hide in civilian centers (because it breaks protocol) but OK for Israel to steal land (because it doesn’t break protocol?).”
Good idea. Write your Congressman or Congresswoman.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're responding just to argue. I literally added caveats for every argument you tried to make before you made it. I did not say I supported nor condoned any behavior beyond a ceasefire.

I'm not going to be self righteous and pretend like many of the comforts I enjoy aren't at the expense of others or pretend like I don't actively benefit from Western culture.

I understand that many of you are taking a pro Palestine stance and I take no issue with that. However, you (general) who will never actively lift a finger to help resolve this issue nor help these people and who also enjoy the same benefits I enjoy, will not pressure me into taking the self-righteous yet do nothing stance you take.
I was responding to your post, because I didn't consider your statement accurate.

This entire thread is made up of people making arguments and counter arguments. I didn't realise you were exempt, but I won't comment on anything you say in this thread going forward.

Self righteous? The comforts you enjoy? What are we talking about here?

You are a black woman, the comforts you enjoy were built off the back of YOUR ancestors. So why would I even argue that point?

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Netanyahu disciplines Israeli minister who voiced openness to hypothetical nuclear option in Gaza
Dan Williams
Updated Sun, November 5, 2023 at 7:37 AM EST
FILE PHOTO: Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu holds a press conference in Tel Aviv

By Dan Williams

JERUSALEM (Reuters) -Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday disciplined a junior member of his cabinet who appeared to voice openness to the idea of Israel carrying out a nuclear strike on Gaza, where the war with Hamas is inflicting a spiralling Palestinian civilian toll.

Netanyahu's office issued a statement saying that the minister concerned - Heritage Minister Amihay Eliyahu, from a far-right party in the coalition government - had been suspended from cabinet meetings "until further notice".

Asked in a radio interview about a hypothetical nuclear option, Eliyahu had replied: "That's one way." His remark made headlines in Arab media, scandalised mainstream Israeli broadcasters and was deemed "objectionable" by a U.S. official.

Neither Eliyahu or his party leader are in the streamlined ministerial forum running the Gaza war. Neither would they have inside knowledge of Israel's nuclear capabilities - which it does not publicly acknowledge - or authority to activate them.

"Eliyahu's statements are not based in reality. Israel and the IDF (military) are operating in accordance with the highest standards of international law to avoid harming innocents. We will continue to do so until our victory," Netanyahu's office said.

Some 9,500 Palestinians have been killed in the war, stirring widening international concern over Israel's tactics.

The crisis prompted another troubleshooting visit to the Middle East by U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken over the weekend.

“Obviously that was an objectionable statement and the prime minister made very clear that he (Eliyahu) wasn’t speaking on behalf of the government," a senior U.S. State Department official said.

Eliyahu said in a social media post: "It is clear to anyone who is sensible that the nuclear remark was metaphorical."

But he added: "A strong and disproportionate response to terrorism is definitely required, which will clarify to the Nazis and their supporters that terrorism is not worthwhile."

A spokesperson for Hamas, an Islamist group that advocates Israel's destruction, said Eliyahu represented "unprecedented criminal Israeli terrorism (that) constitutes a danger to the entire region and the world".

In Eliyahu's Kol Barama radio interview, it was noted that ravaging Gaza would endanger some 240 hostages - among them foreigners as well as Israelis - held since Hamas sparked the war with an Oct 7 cross-border assault that killed 1,400 people.

"In war, you pay a price," the minister responded, while adding that he was praying for the return of the hostages.

Benny Gantz, a centrist ex-general who joined the conservative Netanyahu from the opposition in the streamlined war cabinet, said Eliyahu's remarks had been damaging "and, even worse, added to the pain of the hostages' families at home".

(Additional reporting by Simon Lewis; Writing by Dan Williams; Editing by Hugh Lawson and David Goodman)

Last edited:

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
I was responding to your post, because I didn't consider your statement accurate.

This entire thread is made up of people making arguments and counter arguments. I didn't realise you were exempt, but I won't comment on anything you say in this thread going forward.

Self righteous? The comforts you enjoy? What are we talking about here?

You are a black woman, the comforts you enjoy were built off the back of YOUR ancestors. So why would I even argue that point?
she tried to word salad her way out of a strawman she threw up lol

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Forgive for double posting if this was already mentioned :lupe: