Israel–Hamas War: 10/7/2023 - Present

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
This is the perfect way to frame my opinion of this conflict.

I believe Ukraine and Palestine have a right to defend their territory and fight back against unapproved occupation...

But I look down on any force that specifically uses civilian deaths as part of their plan. I look down on Israel doing it. I look down on Russia doing it. I look down on Hamas doing it.

If Ukraine invaded Russia and started murdering civilians it would be wrong no matter who started the war first.

I agree targeting civilizans is wrong....but then i was thinking israel has mandatory military training and reserve requirements...so doesnt that technically make every israeli an enemy combatant not just a civilian :jbhmm:

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
I agree targeting civilizans is wrong....but then i was thinking israel has mandatory military training and reserve requirements...so doesnt that technically make every israeli an enemy combatant not just a civilian :jbhmm:
32months after turning 18 for men. 24 months for women.

I guess they should check the age of the people before they kill them because military service ends at 21 years old.

South Korea has mandatory 2 year service. Are you saying all korean men are military too?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
shyt's crazy :wow: one area you couldn't pay me to visit, no way in hell im keeping track of all the beefs over there and still getting blown up randomly

israel is dope to visitt i had so much fun in jerusalem and tel aviv

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
32months after turning 18 for men. 24 months for women.

I guess they should check the age of the people before they kill them because military service ends at 21 years old.

South Korea has mandatory 2 year service. Are you saying all korean men are military too?

Hey im thinking aloud what can be considered as a combatant vs a civilian. I think its more nuanced then considering anyone in civilian clothes a civillian. Not arguing. Just conversing.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Hamas has no realistic end game. Their best hope is to treat the prisoners humanely and use this chance to educate them on what Palestinians go through on a daily basis.

Not sure if they are thinking that strategically

Israel prob gonna go back to them 2004 days when they merked yassin and al-rantissi in less than a month

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
Hey im thinking aloud what can be considered as a combatant vs a civilian. I think its more nuanced then considering anyone in civilian clothes a civillian. Not arguing. Just conversing.
Well. I can agree it's nuanced.

But Hamas' targeting of civilians wasn't nuanced at all. They were killing as many people as they could. The age and military association of their targets wasn't a concern.... so this discussion has nothing to do with their actions.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Well. I can agree it's nuanced.

But Hamas' targeting of civilians wasn't nuanced at all. They were killing as many people as they could. The age and military association of their targets wasn't a concern.... so this discussion has nothing to do with their actions.
Actually their main objective was acquiring as many hostages as possible
They know Israel will trade thousands of Palestinian prisoners just for a couple Israelis