Israel–Hamas War: 10/7/2023 - Present

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Very obnoxious how some discussions about this are taking place where a lot of people are entrenched in a position and refuse to have rational discussions without throwing labels on people if they don't mimic their emotions and opinion to a tee.

Saw some CEOs want students expelled from Harvard because they dare to question that maybe forcing people into an open air prison and constant terror is morally wrong. Also, saw some outside group rented a bus displaying student names who had "wrong think" on this issue and driving it around.

On the other hand, saw people debating over a photo of a burned baby that was from Israel was fake or instead more focused on the babies not being decapitated than the fact Hamas militants are killing babies in the first place. Crazy folks are debating which form of baby killing is worse. Killing babies is wrong. It's wrong when Israelis do it with snipers and bombs too.

Thing is depending on who you respond to, you can't bring up these things as being a issue without folks trying to label you pro-hamas or pro-zionist. Rational discussion seems impossible. Israel is an apartheid state and it's current government is fascist and Netanyahu should be tried for war crimes. Hamas is an extremist sect where their leaders are billionaires living overseas, who have stated negotiated peace will never be allowed to happen and who have taken humanitarian aid given to Gaza and repurposed it for their Jihad. They relish in Palestinians dying because it helps further radicalize the population to their side. They actually were seeing a decrease in support before this. Both these things can be true but a lot of people refuse to hear it.

So much propaganda, misinformation, proselytizing, and bullying to force conformity in thought going on right now.
Social media is an absolute mess right now.

But I must say that I’m pleasantly surprised to see that many folks are pushing back and acknowledging “how we got here”.

Steelo14

Pro
Daps
As a half Biafran, I can say that's a massive lie. Black folks are some of the most ruthless in the world like anyone else. We lost up to 6 million people in the Biafran war. More than any other war in the last 100 years. While Europeans were behind it, it was Black people doing it

What Black people lack is power and with the white supremacists foot always on Black people neck, it's impossible to collectively attain it.
Yeah I should've nuanced that better. We're ruthless with kinfolk but docile when it comes to external actors. I've literally seen situations where one tribe refuses to sell land to our tribe, threaten us with machetes---then turn around and sell all their lands to Chinese, Lebanese at discount.

To attain Power, we need to have visionary leaders in succession setting the tone and guiding the agenda. If they're consistently murdered like we've seen throughout history then its tougher to get to a postion where we have power. Essentially, I'm agreeing with your take here.

Steelo14

Pro
Daps
Social media is an absolute mess right now.

But I must say that I’m pleasantly surprised to see that many folks are pushing back and acknowledging “how we got here”.
Liberals basically gave up and joined the bloodthirsty chorus that's permeated every level since this whole thing started. In canada and Europe they're talking about arresting people if they manifest support for Palestine. This is not normal at all.

This feels like early 2000s when daring to say anything about Iraqi children or against the War in Iraq in the US was career-suicide. They've essentially re opened that playbook.

Steelo14

Pro
Daps
Yes..I know. Pat Buchanan. But he was spot on in this regard.

This is literally common sense but that's not allowed right now in the fog of war. This will be like Iraq War where down the road people will express "remorse" for not having stood up to bullying and injustice.

But It will be pointless window dressing because the geopolitical objectives would've been achieved regardless.

Steelo14

Pro
Daps
You really haven't been paying attention. Cacs used make Black lynching photo cards as souvenirs, in the 1900s.
The contrast in reaction to schools, hospital bombings in Ukraine vs Palestine couldn't be more pronounced. Are we supposed to believe that if Russia had cornered millions of blond hair, blue eyed Ukrainians and was bombing them relentlessly---we would all be accepting this as collateral damage??

If this doesn't settle once and for all that there's a hierachy in whats considered a life worth saving, then we'll never get it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:gucci:

Just say you believe Israel over the oppressed Palestinians
This is the problem with any of this discourse.

You or me aren’t over there living and dying over this rhetoric.

For the record, cacs ain’t shyt. They caused this whole thing and isreal deserves way more smoke than they have gotten over the years. And the USA is complacent in all of this.

But, as a person sitting at home in my comfortable house in my comfortable city the only people i can advocate for are the people who have zero power over where they are and what happens next. I feel for those people, as the rest of the world fights over how they feel about the people that create and perpetuate the suffering.