Isn't anyone getting tired of the marvel vs dc stan fights?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
That's fair but here's the counterpoint: you miss discussing the merits of the given thing because you're riding for one thing (not you specifically). And that goes both ways. If you're a cheerleader for either side then some cats on here can't have an objective discussion because emotions get involved and cats start acting like they're on payrolls. There are merits and flaws to both sides in terms of filmmaking behind the scenes and in front of the camera but the Stan shyt makes it hard to have those thoughtful conversations.

It's the reason cats made an exodus from the arcadium because the Sony vs Microsoft shyt got too out of hand and no one could actually discuss anything without having to pick a side so it devolved into what this shyt normally devolves into on the Internet. It's like the idea of being able to like something yet still have criticisms of it is foreign
But what happens when you "like" something but only point out criticisms in order to provide "balance". Or ardently defend something on the other side in order to provide balance :jbhmm: all that contributes to the stan wars everyone says they are tired of.

Considering the latest DC trailer, there has been much discourse on it around the web and there could be here too. But instead of discussing why it's received mixed reviews its turned into a defense of it and/or bashing marvel to offset, which contributes to the wars.

There will always be wars because people inherently prefer some things to others. And it will especially happen when they can't take what they like being bashed.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
But what happens when you "like" something but only point out criticisms in order to provide "balance". Or ardently defend something on the other side in order to provide balance :jbhmm: all that contributes to the stan wars everyone says they are tired of.

Considering the latest DC trailer, there has been much discourse on it around the web and there could be here too. But instead of discussing why it's received mixed reviews its turned into a defense of it and/or bashing marvel to offset, which contributes to the wars.

There will always be wars because people inherently prefer some things to others. And it will especially happen when they can't take what they like being bashed.

That's true. But then it comes down to the Internet thing or just our discourse in general. Not just on the Internet. I was just listening to an episode of combat jack talking about that very thing, that there's no proper discourse anymore because everyone takes to their corners, gets their talking points and just spits rather than actually having a discussion. If age of ultron gets mixed reviews then people say "haters gon hate it still made money" if batman v superman trailer gets mixed reviews people say "oh they're marvel stans" when in reality everyone is going to have a different opinion. We got a whole thread on interstellar that still pops up because it affected people differently. My best friend loves it. I don't. But I get why he loves it and he gets why I don't. Neither one of us yelled at each other or told the other to go fukk himself. My goal was to figure out what am I not seeing and his goal was to figure out what is he not seeing. But ultimately both of us are going to feel how we feel and that's that.

A lot of cats on here play devils advocate because sometimes it's necessary. Now it can go overboard to the point of parody but there always needs to be someone asking quesrions and posing a different viewpoint

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's natural. Marvel is popular and popular things have those that hate it and those that love it.

DC gets dragged into it because it's the closest thing out that can disrupt the marvel love. Similar to people latching on to Paul George cause they hated Lebron years ago, people latching on to meek even though he dropped the ball back to back against drake, etc
Paul george is ballin his fukking ass off this year

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Forget D.C vs Marvel, you movie opinions suck on about almost everything :francis:

Edit: even you anime opinion are straight :scust: status

You apparently know my opinions well. I tried to think of one of yours and came up with nothing, which I can only presume is because they aren't worth remembering.:manny: