Isiah Thomas says KD 30 pts aint the same 30 pts "the dominance isnt there anymore"

Legend27

Pro
Daps
I don't really see how this makes sense given KD has always been an effortless scorer. He's not tearing down the lane or running the break on the regular to score his points. I remember this being a talking point ever since he was in OKC, when someone would be surprised when they were watching the game, looked at the box score and couldn't believe he had put up that many points, and/or they questioned his impact on the game.

Just look at what was said about his scoring back in 2013:

What Zeke is saying is what folks said about his scoring/game a decade ago. That's why it doesn't make sense.

The dominance of his scoring, in relation to the now, and in the past, isn't the reason for why he's not dominating.

It's everything else that's happening for the Nets. They've currently got a 120.7 defensive rating, which although is a small sample size, would be the worst
mark in recorded NBA history.
They're that bad on that end to start the season. That same feel that Zeke was getting when he was scoring the same points was when the team was dominating. The truth is, he doesn't show the same hunger on defense and other parts of the game like he used to. That partly could be due to the fact he's aging and trying to protect his body.
:huhldup:

Daps
Absolutely bad coaching. Why make KD your primary playmaker? Why have a lineup with Kyrie, Seth and Patty Mills alongside KD and some random big for extended periods of time? I remember there were moments when KD was the biggest player on the court for the Nets. They would run with a lineup of Kyrie, Seth, Patty, Bruce Brown and KD.
Have you seen their roster?

Claxton is their only legitimate big.

AJD

Superstar
Daps
We been knew his impact compared to his OKC/GSW days has been severely diminished when dude couldn't will his team to one win in a first round playoff series.:yeshrug:

Daps
I’m talking about last year, and while the roster was/is flawed, Boston was killing their 3 guard lineup. And again, why was KD their primary ball handler?
Did you see their roster last season?

They didn't have the personnel to match up with Boston on the regular. Claxton and Drummond were their only bigs and neither of them can stretch the floor, and neither are capable of playing extensive minutes against lineups which require switching. Kyrie and KD were the only ones who could generate any offense for themselves, so it's only natural that he would take on extra ball-handling duties to initiate the offense.

Truth be told, all those four games were winnable for the Nets, but KD failed to deliver down the clutch, so I don't know why you believe it was "bad coaching" as the reason for why they lost:

Game 1 - it was a one-possession game for the last nine minutes of the 4th quarter; Celtics ended up winning by one point
Game 2 - it was a two-possession game with three minutes remaining in the 4th quarter; Celtics pulled away late
Game 3 - it was a two-possession game with eight minutes remaining in the 4th quarter; Celtics pulled away again
Game 4 - it was a one/two-possession game with six minutes remaining in the 4th quarter; Celtics ended up winning by four points.

Or do you seem to think that the Nets should've played Claxton or Drummond during the dying stages of a playoff game?

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Did you see their roster last season?

They didn't have the personnel to match up with Boston on the regular. Claxton and Drummond were their only bigs and neither of them can stretch the floor, and neither are capable of playing extensive minutes against lineups which require switching. Kyrie and KD were the only ones who could generate any offense for themselves, so it's only natural that he would take on extra ball-handling duties to initiate the offense.

Truth be told, all those four games were winnable for the Nets, but KD failed to deliver down the clutch, so I don't know why you believe it was "bad coaching" as the reason for why they lost:

Game 1 - it was a one-possession game for the last nine minutes of the 4th quarter; Celtics ended up winning by one point
Game 2 - it was a two-possession game with three minutes remaining in the 4th quarter; Celtics pulled away late
Game 3 - it was a two-possession game with eight minutes remaining in the 4th quarter; Celtics pulled away again
Game 4 - it was a one/two-possession game with six minutes remaining in the 4th quarter; Celtics ended up winning by four points.

Or do you seem to think that the Nets should've played Claxton or Drummond during the dying stages of a playoff game?
Dawg, the original point I was making is that it wasn’t mainly KD’s fault they lost. I know that roster was flawed, but the main reason Boston won is the Nets had no answer for Brown or Tatum on the defensive end due to that small guard lineup. Nash made KD the primary playmaker and made no adjustments despite the fact that he was getting trapped and turning the ball over.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Lol.

There's a dude who scores 30 regularly that didn't even make the play-in last year.

But I guess they are paid to keep quiet about him.

He’s not the only SF scoring 30 without the same level of dominance…

Regardless, the Nets just suck. If he was on a properly built team no one would be saying this.
Is KD in year 20 :comeon: