Isiah Thomas says KD 30 pts aint the same 30 pts "the dominance isnt there anymore"

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He was never dominant. His teams were just better. Like when people were saying he was a DPOY level defender on the Warriors. No. His team defense was great and that allowed him to play gaps better and close out stronger because of better weakside gap strength. He's a step slower but he's still him. Nothings changed but the optics.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
It's not necessarily how much you score, it's when you score

That's what made Kobe great...he got buckets when his team needed him to...to stop a team's run, to pull away late, at the end of a shot clock, a barrage of baskets to give his team energy, etc...it was always when he scored...so even if he ended up with 25-27, he made those baskets count

KD doesn't force the issue, he lets the game come to him....he defers to Kyrie quite a bit

Daps
I don't really see how this makes sense given KD has always been an effortless scorer. He's not tearing down the lane or running the break on the regular to score his points. I remember this being a talking point ever since he was in OKC, when someone would be surprised when they were watching the game, looked at the box score and couldn't believe he had put up that many points, and/or they questioned his impact on the game.

Just look at what was said about his scoring back in 2013:
He's putting up numbers. But he relies on FT's to score half his points.

He's been making questionable plays with the ball. He gets the frail ni99a treatment from the refs that bail him out a lot. But he is frail, is he physically getting worn down?

Is he fading?
What LeBron did to him in the finals speaks to it.

KD will still get you 30 but his impact on the game can be limited.

Outside of Game 1, all those games I was :leon: at the box score and seeing him get 28-29 points after being in foul trouble... and I'm :dwillhuh: when did those happen?
I don't want to say he can get hollow/empty stats but at times you're right; you can watch a game and see that a lot of his points aren't impactful at times. It's strange but i'm assuming it's more so cause he's not the play maker that can get you close to 7-8 assist while getting you 30 plus points
Alot of people have said this breh. I show them the boxscore of KD in the finals and they be like wtf when did that happen?

30.6/6/2

54% from the field/39% from 3/89% from the line. Overall 65%TS

:whoo:

But if you watched the series from 2-5 you would never believe that
What Zeke is saying is what folks said about his scoring/game a decade ago. That's why it doesn't make sense.

The dominance of his scoring, in relation to the now, and in the past, isn't the reason for why he's not dominating.

It's everything else that's happening for the Nets. They've currently got a 120.7 defensive rating, which although is a small sample size, would be the worst
mark in recorded NBA history. They're that bad on that end to start the season. That same feel that Zeke was getting when he was scoring the same points was when the team was dominating. The truth is, he doesn't show the same hunger on defense and other parts of the game like he used to. That partly could be due to the fact he's aging and trying to protect his body.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
But when did KD ever exert his DOMINANCE like that?

He scores almost entirely with his midrange (which is razor sharp) and shooting 3s

His middy game is tight I can’t even front but to me dominance can really only be exerted through strength and power.

KD never backs anyone down because he’s 135 lbs..

He wakes up and gets 30 for breakfast so to me he’s playing like he always has been playing so I don‘t know what Isiah is talking about
Now heads out here saying KD never exerted dominance “like that.” :snoop:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Now heads out here saying KD never exerted dominance “like that.” :snoop:
Stop it man

Stop it I clearly defined what dominance is

KD uses his length to score. He can take you off the dribble and score and kill you with his midrange but he has no power in his game

He shoots over people you can‘t dominate games in my opinion when you have no strength. He can’t back anybody down and just yam on you like Giannis or LeBron

He has no real physical component to his game other then his length..

Physical meaning STRENGTH

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

LMAO

THIS IS A HILARIOUS TAKE.

KYRIE HAD 39 AND KD HAD 37
LAST NIGHT.

GAME BEFORE THAT
KD 33, KYRIE 27....

GAME BEFORE THAT KD 37, KYRIE 37...

ALL LOSSES

ITS CLEARLY A DEFENSE
AND ROSTER ISSUE.

NETS ARE A BOTTOM 5 3P% TEAM
RIGHT NOW.

THEY NEED A GUY LIKE JOE HARRIS
TO FIND HIS FORM
AND THEY NEED BEN SIMMONS
TO FIND HIS BALLS.
:devil:
:evil:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
But when did KD ever exert his DOMINANCE like that?

He scores almost entirely with his midrange (which is razor sharp) and shooting 3s

His middy game is tight I can’t even front but to me dominance can really only be exerted through strength and power.

KD never backs anyone down because he’s 135 lbs..

He wakes up and gets 30 for breakfast so to me he’s playing like he always has been playing so I don‘t know what Isiah is talking about
He literally dominated the western playoffs at all 3 levels in OKC.