Isiah Thomas says KD 30 pts aint the same 30 pts "the dominance isnt there anymore"

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Durant is a great scorer, but he lacks that special playmaking like LeBron or that gravity or offball presence Giannis and Curry have that can bend a defense and create easy looks for others.

He's too iso, and Kyrie is too iso, they're playing lineups with non-shooters, and Steve Nash is struggling to coach around that. That setup is a recipe for failure.

So when Durant scores 30, it ends up being non-impactful.

Especially when Bum Simmons is on the court.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
But when did KD ever exert his DOMINANCE like that?

He scores almost entirely with his midrange (which is razor sharp) and shooting 3s

His middy game is tight I can’t even front but to me dominance can really only be exerted through strength and power.

KD never backs anyone down because he’s 135 lbs..

He wakes up and gets 30 for breakfast so to me he’s playing like he always has been playing so I don‘t know what Isiah is talking about

Last edited:

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
it: kd scored 30, but didn't really impact the game :manny:

lebron groupies: but what about lebron?? :damn:

:mjlol:

truth is kd hasn't looked energetic, but he's an undisputed scoring machine even at 3/4 speed. i dont think his mind is really in it at bk.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was just telling my son this. Dude just a non factor and he doesn't even look explosive. Every basket looks like it hurts
He lost his explosion after the ankle surgery. It’s not there anymore, he doesn’t jump as high anymore and his posture has gotten worse since 2019. You can see it when he’s dribbling the ball he hunches his back. And his handle is terrible now, he’s averaging 3 turnovers a game. Sometimes he just looses the rock, or like in the playoffs against Boston if you pressure him enough and body him up he will fumble every time. His game isn’t as sharp as it use to be and that bald spot is growing everyday. :francis:

Daps
The coaching.

Still the same player, an all time great scorer in terms of production and efficiency. But the system and the parts are not conducive to winning.
The coaching isn't the cause of KD not being an elite playmaker, it's not the cause of him losing a step, and it's not the cause of the flawed roster and lack of player-leadership. Or are you going to start telling me him shytting the bed in the playoffs last season was because of coaching?

:usure:

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
He lost his explosion after the ankle surgery. It’s not there anymore, he doesn’t jump as high anymore and his posture has gotten worse since 2019. You can see it when he’s dribbling the ball he hunches his back. And his handle is terrible now, he’s averaging 3 turnovers a game. Sometimes he just looses the rock, or like in the playoffs against Boston if you pressure him enough and body him up he will fumble every time. His game isn’t as sharp as it use to be and that bald spot is growing everyday. :francis:

That series he went solo vs the Bucks may have been his swan song