Isiah Thomas on Bron: " Where did this man learn to play basketball"?

Archangel

Banned
Daps
The fact that Spo is the best coach he's had is telling.
Bron won despite of Spo and Lue.
Those guys just needed to manage egos and playing time. I think Spo is a very intelligent coach but I think if you plug any coach in Miami during the Heatles era, they still win.

They just had the better roster top to bottom. I think the series vs the Spurs in '13 & '14 was pretty even though.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
I agree with Isiah, which is why LeGOAT >> Jordan and Kobe.
Especially Kobe :lolbron:
I don't care how many Finals he lost dragging :flabbynsick: teams who would've been lottery status if Bron wasn't there.

Everybody who's legendary in Basketball had a legendary coach. Whether it be Shaq, Kobe, MJ, Rodman, and Pippen with Phil, Bill Russell with Red Auerbach, Magic with Pat Riley, or Duncan, Parker, Manu, and Robinson with Popovich. Lebron ain't have none of that and still got 3 Rings and 3 FMVPs :wow: Jordan's lucky Lebron never had a Phil Jackson otherwise he would've been eclipsed and I think he knows that.
So what was Bron gonna do better than MJ and Kobe in Phil’s triangle offense?

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
IMO this is behavior developed from never having had a “legendary coach.” Bron has always had an asshat drawing up the Xs and Os so after a while breh probably developed that “do it all on my own” mentality. :manny:

Please remember that when Bron got to Miami he wanted Spo canned in favor of Pat Riley. So it’s not like he’s never been willing to listen to a coach, just one he respects. What’s even sadder is that in 16 years Spo is the best coach he’s ever had :mjlol:
He never gave Spo a chance until Riley set the record straight on him. Spo is well respected in this league by the media and coaches

Daps
Reppin
NULL
His greatest evolution as a basketball player happened in Miami, surrounded by Wade, Bosh, great veteran presences, and Pat Riley in the front office. Not to mention his offseason training with past legends/current stars over the years; he's picked a lot up here and there. It's not as if he did it all on his own, but I think there is a point to be made about not always having great coaching staffs around him.

It’s a great point.... he didn’t play college ball either.... Zeke had Bobby Knight, MJ had Dean, Cap had Walton, etc.... coaching matters like a mofo.... especially when you get some great coaching on the collegiate level before you go pro

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Mike Brown made the 2nd round with the lakers. Then got fired 5 games into a season. Not a good sample size.

He then took over a bad team in Cle and got fired because lebron wanted him gone.

He then took the Warriors to the Finals because kerr had a bad back.
We also won 35 games the year he came back, looking back on it im glad we didn’t keep Mike Brown he would have fukked up our tanking

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX

Start at the 3:40 mark.

Zeke made an amazing point when discussing the GOATS of the game.

Jordan played and learned how to win under legendary coaches - Dean Smith & Phil

Magic under hall of famers Pat Riley and Jud Heathcote

Isiah under legendary Chuck Daly

Kobe and Shaq under Phil.

Where did Bron learn? You dont win championships and enter the GOAT convo without a legendary coach..

Just a testament to Lebrons greatness:wow:

He'd have more rings if he had a legendary coach

Y’all lebron stans are shameless. He played for Pat Riley :heh: do y’all think he was just sitting in a luxury box never interacting, letting Erik call all the shots.

Remember, that team that said he was gonna win “not one, not two, not three, not four,” :mjgrin:

You can’t try and call your shot (“not four...”) completely fail to meet your own goals, and then claim to be the goat. :mjlol:

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bronsexuals using any angle they can yall are truly pathetic.

Now its Dean Smith the one who held MJ game back ok