Isiah Thomas Dream Team Snub Unappreciation Thread

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Outside of tragedies or injuries, this was one of the worst things to happen in modern sports.

I get that Isiah is a bit of a hater and a head case, but Jordan leveraging his clout to keep Isiah off the Dream team was downright shameful. Isiah came from absolutely nothing, was barely 6'0, and truly became one of the greatest athletes of his generation, and a winner in every sense of the word. He deserved to be immortalized as a bball god among his peers like Jordan, Magic, and Bird. I know it hurts his heart that he was left off that squad he deserved to be on, and its clear that he was never quite the same again.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Outside of tragedies or injuries, this was one of the worst things to happen in modern sports.

I get that Isiah is a bit of a hater and a head case, but Jordan leveraging his clout to keep Isiah off the Dream team was downright shameful. Isiah came from absolutely nothing, was barely 6'0, and truly became one of the greatest athletes of his generation, and a winner in every sense of the word. He deserved to be immortalized as a bball god among his peers like Jordan, Magic, and Bird. I know it hurts his heart that he was left off that squad he deserved to be on, and its clear that he was never quite the same again.
the MJ/zeke rivalry goes real real deep

I've always found it interesting that he was essentially a man without a country when indiana chose larry bird over him when HE went to IU, and chicago chose JORDAN over him and he's not even from chicago. Detroit embraced him but even then bill davidson chose dumars over him on the executive level.

Thomas is one of the most interesting athletes of our time.

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was Magic who kept him out... The others simply agreed (except maybe Chuck Daly).
MJ gladly took the blame but it was Magic all along (he accused Isiah of circulating the gay rumors).

Magic: I think we should leave Isaiah off the team. :ld:
MJ: Fine, but only if I take the credit for it :mjpls:

It's amazing that the truth only came out about 20 years later :laugh:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...siah.magic/index.html?eref=sihp#ixzz0UgPFQKN1

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the MJ/zeke rivalry goes real real deep

I've always found it interesting that he was essentially a man without a country when indiana chose larry bird over him when HE went to IU, and chicago chose JORDAN over him and he's not even from chicago. Detroit embraced him but even then bill davidson chose dumars over him on the executive level.

Thomas is one of the most interesting athletes of our time.
He burned a lot of bridges (media included). From Magic to MJ, Pippen, Malone, Bird, etc.
Dude didn't get along with those Dream Teamers (at the time anyway).

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
Him being on that team is the ultimate in a game of "one of these is not like the rest" :wow:

I always wonder what's it's like being Christian Laettner. Young kids probably spot him at a gas station filling up his minivan and are like, "Dude, you're tall as hell, you ever play basketball?"

And he's like, "Yeah, I was on the 92 Olympic Dream team" and the kids look at him like :what::patrice::comeon:

THen they go home and google that shyt and are like :dwillhuh: :ohhh:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I always wonder what's it's like being Christian Laettner. Young kids probably spot him at a gas station filling up his minivan and are like, "Dude, you're tall as hell, you ever play basketball?"

And he's like, "Yeah, I was on the 92 Olympic Dream team" and the kids look at him like :what::patrice::comeon:

THen they go home and google that shyt and are like :dwillhuh: :ohhh:

:mjlol::russ:

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps

Thats funny as hell doggy, and its so true. Younger heads know about the dream team, but would have no idea he played on it since he was so forgotten and basically an NBA scrub. Wow...good observation.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Classic example that the truth hurts... Magic was fukking trannys right?