Isiah Thomas Dream Team Snub Unappreciation Thread

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
I'm riding with Isiah Thomas on this one. Everything he said was true.

Bird was the great white hope. If he were black, he woulda been just another really good player.

The "freeze out" is kinda bullshyt to me. They mighta been giving Jordan that rookie treatment...but why do people think he deserved to get a bunch of touches in the all-star game his rookie year? He was a rookie, wasnt the best player on the team, and they played the game in Indiana (where Isiah went to school, and Bird is from) so its not surprising those 2 guys were the focus.

As far as Magic....man everyone knows Magic was into some freaky shyt....everyone knows HIV is a gay or junkie disease....and everyone knows Magic was kicking it out in LA with nikkas that fukk trannys. Magic is salty cause Isiah asked a question? nikka....dont get AIDS and then you dont have to worry about people asking questions about your sexuality. Plus Isiah Thomas had a brother who had AIDS ...he wasnt out there trying to clown Magic...he was probably the only person in Magics world that actually knew what he was going thru and could empathize with him.

The '92 squad....they were some hoe ass nikkas for leaving Isiah off that team. shyt Isiah deserved to be on that team OVER Bird. You telling me Larry Bird...with half a spine...was better for the team than Isiah? :stopitslime:

I also think Chrisitian Laetner deserved his spot over Shaq.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats what Im talking about tho....as if Jordan, Bird, Magic, Malone, etc all lived squeaky clean lives. Glass houses, bruh. Zeke wasnt a child molester mang
shyt had nothing to do with having squeaky clean lives.

It's not like people were going, fukk Zeke, he doesn't tithe.

Dude did shyt that rubbed people the wrong way.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nb...heavily-criticized-in-dream-team-documentary/

Jordan’s Bulls teammate, Scottie Pippen, also said he didn’t want Thomas on the club. ‘I despised how he played the game,’ Pippen said of Thomas. Pippen charged that Thomas spearheaded Detroit’s ‘Bad Boys’ and incited the rough play. ‘Isiah was the general,’ Pippen said. ‘He was the guy who would yap at his teammates and say ‘Kick them on their ass. Do whatever you have to do.’ No, I didn’t want him on the Dream Team.’

Jordan said in his interview that he was reluctant to join the Dream Team because he had a bad first Olympic experience as part of the college group and treasured his offseason. But he came around after Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkley, Chris Mullin, David Robinson, among others, were all in. ‘That was one of the stipulations put to me that Isiah wasn’t part of the team,’ Jordan said. ‘I was getting strong innuendos it wasn’t just…it was coming from a higher place who didn’t want Isiah on the team.’

Former NBA deputy commissioner Russ Granik said Thomas was not considered because of the incident at the end of the recent Bulls-Pistons playoff series in which he had his teammates bolt the court before the final buzzer. It was seen as a lack of sportsmanship. ‘We were picking a group just after the Pistons had been eliminated by the Bulls,’ Granik said. ‘It was very bad timing for Isiah. Everyone had that impression in their mind, the picture of Isiah walking off the court.’ Rod Thorn, part of the Olympic selection committee and who drafted Jordan, said, ‘When the Pistons walked off the court before the final bell, it left a lot of bad taste in a lot of people’s minds.’

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/0...ll-talking-about-isiah-thomas-the-dream-team/

The late Chuck Daly was the Pistons coach and head coach of the 1992 Olympic team. He did not have a vote on the selection committee, but one influential member of the committee told me, “If Chuck had come in and demanded Isiah to be on the team, he would have been on the team.” Daly did not do that.

This was bigger than the players.

Last edited:

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
I liked Isiah Thomas as a player (my first NBA game was in '92 featuring his Pistons vs my Kings) but he sealed his fate at the end of the '91 Eastern Conference Finals .

:mjpls: wasn't going to forget that when putting the Dream Team together.