Is this true that the Buddha was black?

AndroidHero

Superstar
Daps
So basically what your saying is you don't know :ohhh:

LOL, I actually just did a reverse image search on that pic you posted he is dravidian.

And sorry to disappoint you, dravidian aren't african and in fact they are far removed from Africans genetically, and like I said they are much closer to other Asians than any modern african population.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
The caste system wasn't always based on skin complexion....that came later in its history. it began based on family legacy. there were dark skinned people in the upper castes.

it's very possible that Buddha was black, but in reality no one can say for certain.

if you understand and accept the fact that the original indians were black with course hair then this wouldn't be such a hard concept to grasp.

It was just as possible that Jesus was chinese if thats the case.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
There's nothing 'typical' about our features since they're shared by many differing groups of people all over the planet as a result of environmental factors. The 'cornrows' on the statue are actually a hat.

:snooze:

So you guys are saying that the original Buddhas where wearing a porcupine hat rather then having 9 ether hair with corn rolls and coiled hair? Really? If that's what you believe then that's you and fine, but post the information that you read and where you got it from, brother.

4 years later still amazed at someone having the nerve to call cornrows a hat :deadrose:

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
Weekly thread

"Did you know [ insert person from history ] was black?"

"Did you know [ insert random race ] were are the original blacks?"

always follows the same path, we argue over the definition of what 'black' is. Rational set argue the case with the conspiracy Hoteps who claim victory after posting obscure youtube links, random jpegs, and denouncing any proof against them as 'cac science'.
LOL

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
From an Esoteric, Symbolic or allegoric perspective: YES!

The BUDDHA is BLACK!!

When i first studied ALCHEMY one of the key phrases i had been made aware of to grasp was the PRIME NIGREDO (BLACKNESS) or simply NIGREDO......and it specifies a CENTER, A VOID OR STATE which only the SELF can comprehend ..in all schools of thought Chinese Alchemy, Arabic Alchemy , Jewish Alchemy and even the Christian Based alchemy of the Rose-Croix (rosicrucians)....this NIGREDO was the Philospher Stone or BUDDAH (state of being) all spritual students were trying to reach on thier journey..

i came across this article recently which supports my statements:

Arguably, such a luminiferous medium -- an infinite luminous ocean -- is analogous to the Clear Light, primordial light or 'ground luminosity' in Tibetan Buddhism. All form is in the Void and the Void is in all form.

Nigredo/Depression

So it has more to do with a SYMBOLIC "BLACKNESS" than a physical "BLACKNESS"

the same way we have BLACK MADONNAS pictured all over CATHOLIC STRUCTURES such as the cathedreals....

BLACKNESS (dark matter, mother mary, isis) gave birth to LIGHT (jesus, illumination)

black-madonna-officsite.jpg
WRONG!

them was nikkas.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
:laff: yo this thread was jokes.

:mjlol:

A Lot of dumb stuff was said in this thread, but that quote was definitely the dumbest.

The original modern era Buddha was born in Nepal, Indians claiming sh*t that don't belong to them, and that's assuming you don't take it farther back, which is what a lot of people here are saying. If Indians are the original Buddhists then the Ashkenazi Jews are the original Hebrews :mjlol: F*ckin' imposters :hhh:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
The original modern era Buddha was born in Nepal, Indians claiming sh*t that don't belong to them, and that's assuming you don't take it farther back, which is what a lot of people here are saying. If Indians are the original Buddhists then the Ashkenazi Jews are the original Hebrews :mjlol: F*ckin' imposters :hhh:

Still digging that hole 4 years later I see.