Is there something going on with The Rock?

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black Adam hurt him and his rep. And he’s not getting any younger. He’s been in Hollywood for over 20 years and still doesn’t have a franchise to call his own. No stand out roles either.

IMO, he should be taking as many serious roles he can get. Indie films, arthouse projects, supporting roles in dramas/thrillers where he can hone his acting chops. Robert Pattinson was a joke before with the sparkly vampire stuff. Then he did like 5-7 indie films that were good. Changed the perception of him. Bautista is another example. Do what they're doing completely. Then the Rock needs to work with a director to make a fire ass action series. What John Wick did for Keanu....The Rock needs something like that. Dark. Gritty. Serious. If the Rock can get his own John Wick type series, he'd be good :banderas: You add that with all the other serious film projects he'd have in his catalog by then and he'd be on the right track :ehh: He needs to avoid the mindless garbage he's been doing.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think Southland Tales scared him away from non-blockbuster spectacle type of movies.

IMO, he should be taking as many serious roles he can get. Indie films, arthouse projects, supporting roles in dramas/thrillers where he can hone his acting chops. Robert Pattinson was a joke before with the sparkly vampire stuff. Then he did like 5-7 indie films that were good. Changed the perception of him. Bautista is another example. Do what they're doing completely. Then the Rock needs to work with a director to make a fire ass action series. What John Wick did for Keanu....The Rock needs something like that. Dark. Gritty. Serious. If the Rock can get his own John Wick type series, he'd be good :banderas: You add that with all the other serious film projects he'd have in his catalog by then and he'd be on the right track. He needs to avoid the mindless garbage he's been doing.

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
IMO, he should be taking as many serious roles he can get. Indie films, arthouse projects, supporting roles in dramas/thrillers where he can hone his acting chops. Robert Pattinson was a joke before with the sparkly vampire stuff. Then he did like 5-7 indie films that were good. Changed the perception of him. Bautista is another example. Do what they're doing completely. Then the Rock needs to work with a director to make a fire ass action series. What John Wick did for Keanu....The Rock needs something like that. Dark. Gritty. Serious. If the Rock can get his own John Wick type series, he'd be good :banderas: You add that with all the other serious film projects he'd have in his catalog by then and he'd be on the right track :ehh: He needs to avoid the mindless garbage he's been doing.

You're assuming the guy gives a shyt about acting credentials, but what about dude ever gave off that impression

Man wanted to bank and be a star, looks like he got what he wanted, I don't know what dude expects, man had a good run until the next guy gets pushed

Dude overachiever

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Southland Tales scared him away from non-blockbuster spectacle type of movies.

If The Rock comes out with something gritty and dark like this, he'll eat.

Or he can keep playing it safe and remaking Jumanji :yeshrug:

He's rich regardless and set for life. If it was me, I'd be taking those risks.